New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guilt or Fear
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After reading some of our post I think that hunters are either feeling guilty or fear of anti hunters and then try and be as politically correct as possible. I am guilty of this at times and I think I will change a few things.

1. I will not talk bad about a hunter that chooses to walk up on a buffalo and shoot him when I will purposely walk into an elephants danger zone so he can turn and let me smoke him in the brain
2.I will no longer defend hunting to someone that comes into my home and mouths off I will tell them to GET OUT.
3.I will not brag about killing as quickly and humanely as possible until I decide to shoot everything in the brain, and I have shot several and the taxidermist makes it where you can't tell.
4. I will not say anything about shooting a hippo in the water when i will bait an animal and blast him out of a tree
5. i will not ever say i harvested any animal but killed it because i am a hunter and a killer, after all that is the culmination of the hunt.

The anti huntinters can not be argued with so why bother, no matter what you say a real anti will despise you

I know everyone does not feel that way and that is good we all can't think the same or be right!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen brother Preach on!!!! you are so right thank you for the post. I for one will never be guilty of being politically correct or soft spoken tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 you can not have a civil discussion with tree huggers they are close minded. if you need proof ask one a question and then tell them only to answer your question. they will give you 15 explanations why the question can not be answered

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yessssssssssssssssssss.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Political correctness in it's true form is simply a lie,designed to misslead, and is a form of society imposed censorship!

Deplomacy, on the other hand, is a discussion that works because it keeps both sides of a debate calm enough to hear what his opponant is saying!

Too many here equate political correctness and deplomacy as the same thing. They are not the same and one is valuable to any cause, while the other is cloaked in smoke and mirrors!

Still the poster above is quite correct in one thing and that is "The antihunters can not be argued with, so why bother? No matter what you say, a real anti will despise you."

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1000000000000000000000000000

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The old rights debate.

The purpose of the anti hunter is to steal your hunting rights and give NOTHING to you in return.

I don't debate with thieves, they are contemptible trash.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Hunters and anti-hunters are like the card carrying members of the political parties. When talking with others who believe as we do it's preaching to the choir. When talking to members of the other side it quickly degenerates to the Springer show.

It's when we talk to those who are the equivalent of the political independents that we need to be careful. These make up the largest group of society, and the ones who need to know the value of hunting for species survival, the ecological benefits of hunting, and even the benefits to society of hunting.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
MacD37..........I could not agree more. I would add that many do not seem capable of getting their point across without resorting to rude behavior. One can get a point across and be polite at the same time.

Many fail to understand that there actually are people out there who are open to what you have to say, but will not tolerate rude behavior and expect a certain degree of civility. Being rude does not further anyones cause.

It is also correct that anti-hunters, as with true anti-gun people, are not open to civil, rational discussion. WE have to be careful though, because when we act like jerks and behave badly we can take people who are sitting on the fence and turn them into bona fide antis.

Unfortunately I am finding that people are less and less capable of civil discussion and this is magnified on the internet where there are no meaningful real life sanctions for acting like a twit.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1841 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
There is an old saying.

For those that understand, no explanation is necessary but for those that do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Von Gruff:
There is an old saying.

For those that understand, no explanation is necessary but for those that do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Von Gruff.

Thx Gruff.

I've never heard that saying before, but I'm going to remember it!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I find the number of true anti-hunters to be greatly exaggerated, probably by them and certainly by us. Most people who don't hunt just don't care much one way or the other.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Von Gruff:
There is an old saying.

Von Gruff.

Heard this saying in other walks of life and it is very true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oldsarge has this exactly right. As to those few (around here) who have serious objections to hunting, well, hell, don't go hunting.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerryb,
Right on!!
I agree with all of your pledges and will try and conduct myself accordingly.
We really needed a post like this.

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gerryb:

The anti huntinters can not be argued with so why bother, no matter what you say a real anti will despise you

I know everyone does not feel that way and that is good we all can't think the same or be right!

Well said Sir. We are all with ya

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really get tired of the politically correct. Some of my best friends are normally called Pollack, Wop, Mick, Kraut,Far down, Dago, and this doesn't even include the shitheads which transcends all racial lines and ethnicity. Just sign me off as the dumb scandinavian.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Education is the best approach.

But I agree that education is not always possible.

Some who quite obviously need it are apparently immune to its effects.

To my way of thinking, that calls for extraordinary measures.

When education is impossible, IMHO, one may be excused for resorting to lesser, but more entertaining, means of edification.

Insult and ridicule included, of course.

I don't want to make enemies, but neither will I appease them.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Correct gerryb,
it is something of impossible, like the temptative to explain the colours to blind from the birth people.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Such introspection. A truly soul cleansing experience. I feel a tear coming on. Can we all hold hands and pray to the Kleenex god? Twitter anyone?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19358 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Such introspection. A truly soul cleansing experience. I feel a tear coming on. Can we all hold hands and pray to the Kleenex god? Twitter anyone?

Will, tell us what you really think.

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote