Find
Notify
Tools

Legal hunting?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Has anyone an exhaustive up to date list of every legally huntable species for every country in Africa? I got into one of those lively discussions a couple of days ago (to not call it an argument) about where it was legal to hunt elephant. We got into some areas where I am not sure (Ethiopia, Central African Republic) and I know that some of you are knowledgeable in this area. Indeed, perhaps the information could be placed in the new "Reference" section.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't that information be found in African Hunter II by Boddington and Flack? You might check it out there.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
UEG, you're probably right, I'll take a look tonight.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I checked out African Hunter II this evening. It does have a chart at the back of the book (page 564) which shows where animals can be encountered, by country, but it doesn't indicate if they are legal to hunt. So, I'm back to my original question.