Find
Notify
Tools

My Nephew
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted
just turned 13 last week. He lives for hunting, fishing, and shooting. Yesterday me him and my dad went over to visit a good friend of ours who has been so for many years.
Only thing that was on nephew's mind was shooting pistols. After we shot pistols for a while we were all sitting around talking. I told my friend about AR and that led to talking about hunting in Africa.
On the way home in the car I said something about Kudu and my nephew said is that the ones with the real tall spiral horns?I said yeah that is them. He said you know I want to hunt those Cape Buffaloes, then he said Kudu would be the next thing he would want to hunt after he got a Cape Buffalo. After that he asked if we could go somewhere in Africa to hunt both at the same time.

Anyway what I am getting at here is that when I get to where I can afford it I think I may of just found my Africa hunting partner for the future. Smiler

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Jarrod,

Although my own son hunted with me from an early age, it turned out that my brothers' eldest son, Maynard McLaren, turned out to be my hunting partnet on many hunts. He is now over 30 years old, and although he lives in London, we still hunttogether often.

As I just love introducing youngsters to hunting, or hunting in Africa, May I offer you and your nephew my services for arranging your hunt?

I good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

In good hunting.

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Andrew you have a PM

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
My daughter is only 8 but she is turning out to be a more enthusiastic hunting partner than my 11 year old son. Victoria is very adimate about wanting to hunt a Cheetah when she is older. She has a photo we printed off of the net with a hunter with his cat taped to an excellent target she shot with my Ruger .204. I still gently encourage my son to be involved with me in my hunting and shooting. It will be neat to se how the two mature and evolve as they get older.

Semper Fi and Good Hunting

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote