THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Just a thought as you walk the show floor !

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just a thought as you walk the show floor !
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted
Today is setup day for us in reno - for the SCI convention - always hits me that under one roof are several thousand people who make their living from hunters dollars , but more than that they are people who are the conduit between the paying hunter and the wild areas and communities that rely on the hunters dollar for their future - as you walk around the show think of the corners of the globe that these folks call home and that would have no wilderness and no wildlife if it were not for our great industry -

This herd of buffalo in the mountains of massailand relies 100% on hunters dollars for its future !

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to meeting you Ivan. Me and my son record all the shows and watch together.

Hunting is a unique experience that brings all walks of life together.

It is amazing all the people from different classes, cultures, age, ethnicity gather under one roof for the same cause. Well done.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I look forward to visiting with you. We often overlook the conservation aspect of the hunting. Sure wish I had more than one day, but things are what they are.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
thanks people , my booth is number 1615 - thanks !

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Darn Ivan, I tried to catch you. Was going to say hi when you first arrived at your booth but I guess I was a little slow. Returned a few times but you were not around. Another time. Have a good show.

I spent most of my time admiring the taxidermy work. There were a few lions that really got my attention.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Today as I was in the trijicon booth I heard a voice say " hi, I noticed your hat and wanted to say hello, I'm Ivan Carter"'. Dispite being stopped by half the people attending the show, Ivan took the the time to notice my AR hat and came up to a complete stranger and took the time to talk about double rifles. I enjoyed talking to you Ivan, you are a great ambassador for the industry.
TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Ivan is smart enough to wear long pants too while on safari.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan, missed seeing you in Concord last weekend...but hope to meet you in Dallas next January!

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote