THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zambia - Pict of Ele & Lion Shot this Season

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia - Pict of Ele & Lion Shot this Season
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
Given the recent posts in regards to Zambia, and as we all love pictures, here are two that were sent me by the agent who books for Peter Chipman in the Lower Lupande concession in the Luangwa Valley. I didn't get a chance to resize these, so they are a bit big.

I was told the bull went ~70lbs, not sure about that (!) but maybe given what my 47lb Zambezi tusk looked like. Not the best angle either. I also have another pict w/the tusks out. The PH was not Peter, but an Aussie PH who runs a game (photo) lodge in the LL w/his wife, and hunts for Peter during the season.

Peter's 14 for 14 lion since taking over the Lower Lupande GMA.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Beautiful trophies for that gentleman. As you know cats and elephant are plentiful there. The Australian PH is Ron Cowan and he and his wife Anka run the Kafunta lodge not far from the Lower Lupande camp. We actually attended the the grand opening of Kafunta in '98. Spectacular place right on the banks of the Luangwa.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Mark, yes, your memory is better then mine. Nice little family..good people. We visited there to use their satellite Internet connection during the hunt. What was interesting was to talk with Anke in regards to the photo lodges across the river, and their feelings in regards to the ele hunting. This was when the subject was being heavily debated. With Ron being a PH, they were the only proponents of the plan.

Here's Kafunta's website: Kafunta [Photo] Safaris

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hell those are two nice trophies.

Good to see Zambia becoming more and more popular as a destination for hunters.

Zambia is Real Africa as they say

And also congratulations to the two Aussies whom run that operation

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice ele and lion....Great stories...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Two fantastic trophies, Bill. The elephant is really nice but that's a "light's out" lion! Peter must run an excellent outfit!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Definitely very nice critters. Looks like Zambia will be the next "go-to" destination for very good trophies. Tanzania, look out.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Bill

Thanks for the photos. The ele tusks do look longer than the usual posted in that photo.

What is the name of the Aussie PH you mention? Interested.

quote:
The Australian PH is Ron Cowan and he and his wife Anka run the Kafunta lodge not far from the Lower Lupande camp.

OK read on and see Mark answered my question.

Nice lion too.

Thanks.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are on final countdown for our safari with Kafunta Safaris. We will be hunting with either Ron Cowan or Sarge, Peter Chipman's nephew. In any event, we are in for a wonderful hunt.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Beautiful trophies!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Those frontal shots always make them look bigger. Smiler

Saw your baby teeth at Sapi (real beauties-congrats).

Saw fresh 26 kg (~58 poundres) tusks from Yak that they were weighing at Parks. They were HUGE! Green with envy.

Buzz should be paying me for video footage!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19333 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote