New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nicky Blunt - Where is he?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I friend of mine hunted with Nicky Blunt in Uganda in 1970. He took his wife and four children on a 28 day safari around Christmas of 1970.

Does anyone have any knowledge of where Nicky Blunt is now?

Thanks,

Paul C

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of citori
posted Hide Post
He was in the Lolkisale, Tanzania camp of Safari Trackers in August. It was my understanding he was going to map Lolkisale and Lobo for Adam Clements.

Tanzania in 2006! Had 141 posts on prior forum as citori3.

Posts: 266 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I think he lives in Nairobi. Contact Harald Wolf at mail@hataritimes.com, he knows all the boys there and I am sure can help you. I will ask John Northcote as well, they hunted together for years in the early days. Back to you soon.

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
To Paul C and other interested friends: I have now located Nicky in Cumbria, England where he is alive and well and studying ancient history to anthropology!!....Paul, and other former clients or friends, please PM me and I will provide you with his e-mail address.

As Promised...470 Eddy

PS, I am recovering from back surgery done a week ago Memoiral Day, recovering well. I agree with all of the posts in another forum regarding the skill and finesse of a fine neuro surgeon...this hit me over night, literally and within three months while different things and tests were being done I was losing the use of my left foot and having severe pain in my left leg and foot...all gone, bit of burning and the foot (regeneration of nerve) is showing signs of starting to get motor response!! Eddy

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
470EDDY

Hope your back up to snuff soon!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of ndege
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul
Nicky Blunt use to work for me in CAR, I still have regular contact with him. He lives in Cumbria, England, and his e-mail address is,
nicky.blunt@tinternet.com
He is one of the finest PH's that ever hunted Africa, his knowledge, always readily available.

Andre Roux

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ndege - I tried the email address for Mr. Blunt twice and both times the email came back.

Paul C

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently reaquainted myself with Anton Allen here outside of Austin. Anton and his brother David are the sons of Bunny Allen. Anton is a really super guy. And the stories he has to tell! Well, he hunted toegether with Nicky at Tanganyika T&S Ltd in the 50's and 60's. I'd seen their names together when reading some Tanzania hunting facts and mentioned that there were some folks here looking for Nicky. At this Anton wondered too what Nicky was up to thes days and I told him I'd see what I could find out.

As 470Eddy said, he has an email address for Nicky and it's not the same one posted here. So I'd PM 470Eddy like he said to do. He's been very kind and gracious to locate current info on Nicky.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I certainly hope Mr. Blunt is writing his experiences down for publication.

He must have some stories to tell.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
According to my TZ diary on 9/22/92 Nicky was saying goodbye to Richard and Karen Wacker of Milwaukee (they now live in NM) and after they left for Arusha on the charter Nicky came to our camp where Geo. Hoffman and I helped him celebrate his 53rd birthday. He had dinner with us and stayed in our camp that night. I have a photo of Nicky, Geo and I with me holding his lightweight Mod. 70 416 Rigby in the same pose as the photo of him and his rifle in Boddington's Safari Rifles book.
My first and last time to ever be with him. Nice guy.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote