THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Education For Anti Hunters - Buzz Charlton's "Giants in the Jesse"

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Education For Anti Hunters - Buzz Charlton's "Giants in the Jesse"
 Login/Join

posted
Buzz asked me to post this clip from his new video "Giants in the Jesse". It presents the basic facts of what will happen if hunting is stopped in Zimbabwe and poachers are allowed to take over.

If you are interested in getting the DVD, it is available on the Charlton McCallum Safaris website.

https://youtu.be/t_kIoOjoabA

David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This message from Buzz and CMS is succinct and accurate. Sadly the anti-hunting brigade and many holding political office just neither see nor get it, and nor, I fear, do they want to. I acknowledge the homefront efforts of great organisations like SCI and DSC to turn this around but I do wonder if tide and time are against we hunters, the true conservationists. I pray that eventually we prevail, and before any irreversible tragedy occurs. I harbour concern but try to maintain quiet optimism.
The true heroes are outfitters like CMS and others doing vital on the ground work achieving real game conseravtion through sustainable utilisation.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2080 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
This message from Buzz and CMS is succinct and accurate. Sadly the anti-hunting brigade and many holding political office just neither see nor get it, and nor, I fear, do they want to. I acknowledge the homefront efforts of great organisations like SCI and DSC to turn this around but I do wonder if tide and time are against we hunters, the true conservationists. I pray that eventually we prevail, and before any irreversible tragedy occurs. I harbour concern but try to maintain quiet optimism.
The true heroes are outfitters like CMS and others doing vital on the ground work achieving real, measurable game conseravtion through sustainable utilisation.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2080 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Very good. The shots of the locals cutting up the elephant are kind of heartbreaking - there is almost a panic feel to them. Really puts into perspective their reality versus ours. Well done CMS and all the hunters.

One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
tu2

Good hunting
Carl Frederik

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm really glad they put that together out of the video. Beautifully explains the situation to non hunters. I don't know about you guys but elephant hunting is a hard sell to my family and friends, when the conversation comes up there is an overwhelming negative reaction, even amongst my hunting friends. I've tried and failed miserably to explain it. After buying and watching Giants in the jess I have had better luck getting my point across, the statistics really help. I even selected the key points in the video for my wife to watch and although she still doesn't like it she understands the conservation aspect of sport hunting. What people have a hard time understanding is that conservation in North America is different than conservation in Africa. Here we don't have to hunt the animals we are trying to conserve. People can't wrap their heads around having to kill an animal to protect the species, the statistics and comparisons to other countries like Kenya really help put that into perspective, In my opinion.

This is the perfect visual aid.

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Buzz & co should make a DVD that is just discussing and giving information about poaching, the effects of poaching and what kind of effects DAPU like organizations make on wild life and the economy aspescts of all of it ?

Project with more PH's ?

Project with Zim government ?

Project with elephant license issuing governments ?

Funding ? From Hunters, from organizations, from governments that still want to benefit from big game hunting ?

have'nt the answere, just making questions ! But surely I would like to contribute with some funds to a projet like that !

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1140 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote