april fools
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it fooled me. Shame on you, Saeed! Taking aqdvantage of an old man! I faithfully answered each question. (Reminds me that on April Fool's Day, when I was about 10 years old we would call up local tobacco stores and ask: " Do you have Prince Albert (a pipe tobacco)in a can?" After hearing the afformative we would say:" "Well, why don't you let him out?" -laugh hysterically and hang up. I hope,Saeed, you have become sufficiently mature not to do that.(Damn!, but it does annoy me that I fell so easily for the gag)Smiler

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
My favorites over the years were the ones where AR was going to a pay system, and there was a menu to select from with nomad, bedouin, sheik, mullah etc., with a certain number of views and posts allowed based on your paid membership level. hilbily Then the post 9-11 'we are being shut down by the feds and all information on members has been subpoenaed'....I admit for about 5 seconds I was taken by that one. But not since. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me! Wink

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Fortunately we are a day ahead here in NZ so it is the 2 April here when I logged on this morning and as I got cought yesterday I was all ready for you after last years pay per view trial.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya, You got me too. I started a new post complaining (not really complaining but a statement) about a certain Poorlitical (spelling is correct in my opinion) individual currently residing in the White House here in the U.S.A.
(But don't get me started on that).
Good joke though!
I'm glad I'm prior service and don't have to call him my Commander in Chief.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hahaha Saeed you are a real joker! last year I've fooled with the history of support for Barack Obama but not this time...

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Real funny rotflmo moonI almost deleted the bookmark! GOOD ONE! clap

The more people I get to know, the more I love my dog!

Posts: 117 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 26 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Are you tracking any of the replies? I made mine in the spirit of April Fools day, is there a contest for the best (most humorous)?

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
great joke!!

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we used to call the corner grocery store and ask if they had pickled pig's feet. When the butcher said yes, we told him to just keep his shoes on and no one would find out!

What a great day.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
having bit on previous 4-1 stuff (the pre-64 M70 several times)....not this time!!!!!!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I'm dying to read what some of those taken in by this actually wrote in for responses! Eeker Big Grin I was just cracking up thinking to myself that if anyone here seriously wrote in any names for the question 'names of friends in militia' or responded to the 'unregistered guns' question, well, man, they don't make militiamen like they used to! Didn't even have to threaten with jail time or even ply them with booze; they just folded like a wet dishrag in order to remain on AR! Damned hilarious.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
381 actually replied to the survey.

Some truthfully.

Some quite humorous.

I'll try to put together a top ten list this coming weekend.

And to those that asked, every one is digitally signed with the submitters IP address!!!!

Comparing it with the AR log is quite enlightening.

Nothing is anonymous on the web.

Don

Posts: 26547 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Hey Don,

You probably shouldn't use a couple of the answers I put in. Roll Eyes

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
381 actually replied to the survey.

Some truthfully.

Some quite humorous.

I'll try to put together a top ten list this coming weekend.

And to those that asked, every one is digitally signed with the submitters IP address!!!!

Comparing it with the AR log is quite enlightening.

Nothing is anonymous on the web.

Don

Right, but what gets me is that some would actually respond (the ones who were really serious). That to me is a seriously frightening, if hilarious, statement in and of itself! Smiler Can't wait to see the donkey list, er, what the results were like. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I bit hook,line and sinker. The sad thing is that ATF would require this info if they were allowed: hell, they still think that they were correct in Waco!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KG:

You won't have to wait to see the name of at least one "donkey". I faithfully answered each question. Hey! I'm proud of the fact that despite the fact that I knew of a certain Bosox fan, I didn't "give him up" as a member of any militia. (Hmm! You are from MA. and didn't those guys make a bit of a fuss once?)Smiler Yes, I'm shocked that I bought the gag -right on its face. My only excuse is that since what has happened in the country since the November '08 election has left me almost prepared to answer anything,anytime. (A couple of Canadian Club shots may also have had something to do with it) Smiler

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote