Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
What goes around, comes around.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
God I hate lions being "naturally" maimed.

Thanks, my VERY dear friend for sharing

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wasn't his day.

I'll bet he felt like he shouldn't have gotten out of bed that morning.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fifth picture shows the Spineous processes sticking out. He was starving and emaciated.
The Buffalo did him a favour.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
The lion would have been a great trophy, really old but still sporting a beautiful shaggy mane. On the other hand probably that swift trampling was a more merciful way to go than begin eaten alive by hyenas.

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 532 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's no real good way to go for a lion.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger Whittal once told me that lions live a hard contact life ... easy to get get badly injured or killed I presumed ..

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On one of the wildlife shows they showed video of a good maned lion all by himself struggling to hold on to a wildebeest he had caught. He couldn't get a good bite on it's neck and finally was left on the ground with the wildebeest running off. They didn't mention this on the video but I was thinking that lion had probably been evicted from a pride and hadn't eaten in awhile leaving him too weak to bring down his prey when he really had a good position on it to do so.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote