New
Find
Notify
Tools

Must see at DSC
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just curious, what booths do you consider "must sees" DSC? Outfitter, gunmaker, jeweler taxidermist, whatever, what, or who, are you planning to see?

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend going by Wendell's booth and throwing rocks at him as well as poking him with a stick.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I try to take enough time to see everything. Then again, I live in Dallas and can make most of the 4 days. If your travel plans do not allow it, I would focus on catching up with your old outfitters/PHs, narrowing down your next hunt. I always like the booths that are out of my league like H&H, etc.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Wayne at AHR, Leota's Jewelry, Luxus, Wendell, Buzz and Myles at CM Safaris, Boyt Harness, Russell Moccasin, Heym USA, Uganda Wildlife Safaris might be interesting, probably find a few other booths to drop by.

Not sure I'll be spending any real money, but mostly shooting the breeze.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would drop by that good looking devil Dave Fulson's booth at Chifuti Safaris. I fact I would book a 28 day shoot two of everything safari while I was there !!!!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Ah, how could I forget to mention the raffle girls? You must stop by to see them. The more tickets you buy, the friendlier they get...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come one Dave do'nt hog the light, show it a little bit too Moz as well

I would recommed supporting the small outfitters that have stuck it out and are still hammering away too make a living

Of course the ticket girls first, but I believe there will be a couple of Hooters girls at the KWAN Booth

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would drop by that good looking devil Dave Fulson's booth at Chifuti Safaris.

Eeker Is this the SAME Dave Fulson I know?

quote:
Hooters girls at the KWAN Booth

And WHAT would Ms. Enslin have to say about that?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ, are we having a quick beer at Don's at 17:00

Yeah I must admit Dave is a whole lot more handsome than I, so he has the advantage on that score stir bsflag

Ms Enslin , well what happens in USA stays in the USA I heard dancing clap

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
dont forget to buy some jewelry from ashleigh george (my wife) so i can get some money to buy raffle tickets , so the raffle girls will talk to me ! lol

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Hey Ivan, I thought the girls were always friendly with you movie stars. Wink

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah well, you "Pretty Boys" and TV stars are going to have to relocate to Reno to see my rugged mug. I have up on handsome decades ago.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well-l-l-l-l-l! You should come by our booths 1244-1247. I'll be the oldest, grayest, fattest guy with the the thinning hair, ponytail and beard. Sounds kinda scary. Anyway Adam or I can help with most anything you'd like to discuss about Africa. I can do a pretty good job on Alaska species also since I lived there 22 years. We also have some excellent offerings in in the western US, Argentina, New Zealand and Mexico. Come by for a visit. Oh! We'll have some beautiful ladies in the booth also and if your lucky you'll get to talk to one.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
......AND...if Pam and the other SHE Safari girls are at her booth, I wouldn't make that my LAST stop. Mark, Adam may have caught me looking at the Mrs last year....need to stay away from looking there. Roll Eyes

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologize, Ivan pointed out that it would be unfair to use my charm, looks, wit, and charming personality to lure people to the booth.
I guess I will go back to telling everybody I am Bill Gates younger brother and business partner.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
We'll be right across from that handsome Dave! I won't be buying any tickets from the ticket girls, because my far "better looking" half will be keeping close tabs on me. I'll be keeping the guys away from the "movie stars" wife who will be selling jewelry... Smiler Can't wait to see everyone there!!!!

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ivan does she have a booth?

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan, my wife bought a bunch of stuff from your wife a couple of years ago. Spent all my money on jewelry and had none left for a raffle ticket where I'm positive I would have won a buffalo hunt!!!!!!...........probably going to happen again.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Terry speaking as an old hand with only 6 years of experience. I started from one side and walked up and down all the isles. and Went back to whom I wanted to do more talking with.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivan carter:
dont forget to buy some jewelry from ashleigh george (my wife) so i can get some money to buy raffle tickets , so the raffle girls will talk to me ! lol

WOW Ivan you can actually get money from you wife, mine spends it all before I can get to it.
Frowner

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Well, since I don't get to go this year all I can do is clench my teeth and hiss "Shit!" in Afrikaans accent the way my Namibian PH Johann did when I blew a gimme on a fine gemsbok at 50 yards.
Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In addition to those named above, you should definately go by Champlins booth, and for sure come by Heyms and see ME Big Grin, as I will be helping Chris.

Also if you want a great hunt in Zimbabwe, go and see Dale Des Fountain at Brooklands Safaris.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
In addition to those named above, you should definately go by Champlins booth, and for sure come by Heyms and see ME Big Grin, as I will be helping Chris.

You may be easier for me to find that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AfricanHunter:
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:

You may be easier for me to find that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be "doing" a little wandering around, but if you come by the booth and I am not there tell Chris to call me, and I will be there most ricky tic.
It will be good to see you again. Big Grin Cool

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I apologize, Ivan pointed out that it would be unfair to use my charm, looks, wit, and charming personality to lure people to the booth.
I guess I will go back to telling everybody I am Bill Gates younger brother and business partner.

dave , cash will usually help overcome most other issues

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
WOW Ivan you can actually get money from you wife, mine spends it all before I can get to it.

jerry , thats what i would like to believe , reality is often somewhere else ... Wink

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Please same image of the show are welcome, mainly of the girls, of course............ Yeah Cool

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mercy me, ya'll are ALMOST making me cancel my exotic hunt out the Devils River beginning Monday. If I was still 40 sumptin I could handle the show and the hunt but as one matures we must make choices and mine is the hunt.

Ya'll enjoy and hope to hear a lot about it as I hand out here next week on my return from taking some aoudad, axis etc on the Rio Grande!

Will miss seeing Ivan, John Sharp and all the wonderful folks at the hotel events.

Have a great time and spend lots of money, hopefully some of it will stay behind in our great state of Texas.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Make time to pop in at the Zambezi Hunters booth - numbers 2250 & 2251.

http://www.zambezihunters.com/

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote