Find
Notify
Tools

It's Snowing!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted
Report says Johannesberg, Free State and other parts of South Africa are getting snow. First time for JoBurg in 25 years. Take long Johns!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I got an e-mail from RSA this morning and the sender mentioned the very same thing. Apparently the last time it snowed in Johannesburg was 1981.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YUp. Pictures in this morning's local paper.
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's true. I talked with my PH and fellow AR member Brad Rolston and he mentioned snow. He wants me to bring him a pair of insulated coveralls over when we leave on Friday. It has been very cold!

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
It was 1982- I was there....

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While it didn't snow alot (about an inch), I was in Jo'berg (the airport) when it snowed in 2002. It melted within a couple hours. It does happen.
Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And it's been raining this July in San Diego, CA. What's up with the weather??

Brett

one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
Wow, that email is getting around fast. I just got that one too. Must be this global cooling everyone is talking about.

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
I had 10 mm of rain on Tuesday, in the middle of winter in Pretoria. It is freezing cold. On Monday I still bragged about our pleasant hot weather, when I spoke to Wink, what a suprise I got Tuesday morning. The Cape is getting a lot of rain, with flooding in George, Knysna, PE and East London. A lot of people drowned in the floods up to now.

Very strange weather indeed

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well it's 103 F here with 95% humidity

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It snowed on us in the Eastern Cape when we were there last week. Had to look through the flakes to see through the scope to shoot.

I just hope my client who is there now, on leave from Iraq will get enough clear days to hunt. The wind was supposedly bad the past few days, making the animals lay up.

Todd

==============
Todd J. Rathner
The T. Jeffrey Safari Company
www.tjsafari.com
520-404-8096

Please visit our BLOG: http://www.tjsafari.com/blog.cfm

Posts: 341 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1982 wasn't last snow, its 'snows' in JHb every few years, but ist like a few crystals that hardly hit the ground. I think the early 80's wa sthe last time it stayed for a few hours.

Snow in Sa is not uncommon in the MTN's in KZN, E Cape and W Cape.

I have paddled snow melt in KZN as early as April some years(its very rare though!) and mates of mine were in a few inches of it this year in the NE Cape (snow area in winter) in April already.....

None the less, to see snow flakes in JHB is worth writing home about!!!!!

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote