Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Come on, you get a client to buy some and just give them to you. Did you overlook that detail in the PH exam? Wink

Will,

I must admit that I did not purchase them, but I did offer.

Did you offer loud enough that they could hear you? Smiler

I seemed to remember mumbling something when we were standing over his dead buffalo but maybe he was not listening.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
quote:
Come on, you get a client to buy some and just give them to you. Did you overlook that detail in the PH exam? Wink

Will,

I must admit that I did not purchase them, but I did offer.

Did you offer loud enough that they could hear you? Smiler

I seemed to remember mumbling something when we were standing over his dead buffalo but maybe he was not listening.

Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19367 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
The LED Lenser is available at Lowes. The smaller one that takes 3 AAA batteries is about $40.00 including batteries. It is bright and almost indestructable.

Bought one of these at Lowes today.....

Holy shit this blows away the Surefire I have;with cheap AAA's, 120 hrs run time.

It even comes with spare set of batteries.

Thanks for the heads up! Doing a night hike this weekend and this will be perfect.Them cr123 batteries are expensive and are an odd ball for anything else I own, just one more type of extras to keep on hand.

Two thumbs up!

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to Lowes and bought one for $44.87 plus tax. Incredle brightness but the switch is going to be the weak link IMHO. I'll keep my Surefires!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairgame is spot on.

Those that like Surefires just have not tried the Led Lensers, they are vastly superior, cutting edge torch technology. tu2

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We were about to put some lion bait up, when we discovered that our truck has packed up.

We were 25 ks from the camp, and it was just before sun down.

Roy offered to walk back to camp and bring the other truck to take us back.
But, we decided to just walk back.

We had a small torch, but we did not want to use it "so as not to ruin our night eyes".

That was a nice adventure to remember.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dinsdale:
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
The LED Lenser is available at Lowes. The smaller one that takes 3 AAA batteries is about $40.00 including batteries. It is bright and almost indestructable.

Bought one of these at Lowes today.....

Holy shit this blows away the Surefire I have;with cheap AAA's, 120 hrs run time.

It even comes with spare set of batteries.

Thanks for the heads up! Doing a night hike this weekend and this will be perfect.Them cr123 batteries are expensive and are an odd ball for anything else I own, just one more type of extras to keep on hand.

Two thumbs up!

How does this torch compare to the
Streamlight - Ultra Stinger?

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I too, bought one a couple of days ago from Lowe's. I own a buttload of flashlights, including four SureFires. This flashlight has to be one of the brightest, if not the brightest flashlight that I have ever owned. I am impressed! The price was $44 and change. Comes with a belt sheath and spare batteries, as noted above by others. There are already batteries in it!

one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the heads up.

I bought one today from Home Depot and as said above it blows away my Streamlight Scorpion. And I thought the Streamlight Scorpion was a damn fine little light.

It's hard to believe that a 3 AAA light puts out that many lumens. I really like the straight tube which will make it very easy to tie to the side of my Marlin lever action when I am doing a night hunt for hogs or coons.

This how I mount a shooting light. It is a simple push of the thumb to turn on the light to shoot.

Once again, thanks for the PSA on this light.

I just did a side by side test outside at night. The Lensor was the clear winner over the Streamlight Scorpion for both a search light and a shooting light. Plus the Lensor is more compact.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
The new light was put to the test under actual field conditions this weekend. It worked great!

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have not yet done so, please do yourself a massive favour and try the Pelican Products Headlamps.
I have one 2630 that is no longer in production with a battery pack on the back that outshines most of the led maglites. It lasts a long time and has three setting for battery conservation when you don't need full power.

The newer version of mine , the 2640, has a few other features and obviously uses even less power as they have moved from 3AA size batteries to 4 AAA sized batteries.
Have a look, http://www.pelican.com/lights_...il.php?recordID=2640

I was a regular maglite user until I got this torch, now the maglite lives in the cupboard.

If this little lite is an indication of their quality then I would guess that their recoil and tactical series would be even better.

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote