New
Find
Notify
Tools

BRN 375 barrell lengh?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Brno cal 375 H&H mag. Is a good, rustic gun, excellent for hunt in Africa. The only problem is not a BEAUTIFUL GUN and is a bit heavy. So I want customize this rifle and cut a bit of the barrel . At the moment the lenght of barrel is 64 CM. Who can give me some advises about the minimum barrel lenght for the 375?
thanks

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To me 24"s is minumum on a 375, but some like a 20" barrel, thats a personal decision..I like long tubes as the simply shoot better for me off hand..and the distance between front and rear sight is better for my old eyes I suppose..I have never seen any advantage to a short barrel, and all the reasoning I have heard is in ones imagination, the least of which is they handle better in thick bush, that does not make since unless someone can predetermine his stance in bush prior to the shot, I never could!

I would buy a Brockman drop in laminate stock for about $200 for the CZ as their stocks are just too bulky for me....

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yet I have customized the stock. And now seems a very colonial rifle with an hot brown oil color. But with this long barrell the gun seems again an "umbrella".

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I agree with Ray in that barrel length is a personal thing.....I disagree with Ray in that I like shorter barrels.....say to the order of 53 CM.

You can expect about 25'/sec velocity loss per inch of shortening. If that is a problem then the cartridge is marginal in the first place.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote