THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Animal poaching at Kruger Park is rife

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Animal poaching at Kruger Park is rife
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Animal poaching at Kruger Park is rife

April 20 2007 at 03:37PM

A total of 94 animals, including 20 white rhino, were killed by poachers in the Kruger National Park last year, Environmental Affairs Minister Marthinus van Schalkwyk said on Friday.

Also on the list of animals poached in South Africa's flagship reserve were 35 impala, 15 buffalo and three lions, according to a written reply by the minister to a parliamentary question.

The list covers the 12 months from April 1, 2006, to end March this year.

Other animals poached included four zebra, three waterbuck, one elephant and a crocodile, Van Schalkwyk said.

Sapa

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
What only 1 Elephant ?
There is so many of them how could they have missed them ?

I'm also wondering from which side of the reserve poaching are mostly done ? West SA side or East Mozambique side.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari-Hunt:
I'm also wondering from which side of the reserve poaching are mostly done ? West SA side or East Mozambique side.

Methinks mostly from the INSIDE, by rangers!

Good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
I was in anti Poaching for a couple of years around the borders of the Kruger and I am quite sure those figures could be doubled, if not trebled. If those figures are correct they are doing a fantastic job!

At least those are the ones they know of, the couple of which they found the carcass.

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote