Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia Mulobezi Area
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'll be going to Zambia this August for lion in the
Mulobezi area. Has anybody hunted in this part of Zambia before? Just curious... Thanks steve

Posts: 297 | Location: california | Registered: 20 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of young_ph
posted Hide Post
Never been there, but maybe going to work there next year, enjoy your hunt!!!!

Posts: 85 | Location: Limpopo, RSA | Registered: 04 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKA:
I'll be going to Zambia this August for lion in the
Mulobezi area. Has anybody hunted in this part of Zambia before? Just curious... Thanks steve

I spent considerable time in Mulobezi and Bililli 25 years ago. It was a great area for big Sable, Buffalo and Leopards. When Zambia stopped Elephant hunting the poachers moved in and we actually caught two members of Parliament poaching Elephants in one two week span.

All of the Kafue went down hill in the early 90's because of the way Zambia was letting out leases. I think it is much better now but I doubt if it will ever be the 'Golden Honey Hole' it once was.

Big mained Lions were once common, later, in the late 80's Lions were rarely seen. I know this doesn't help today but the Kafue areas are some of my favourite places in Africa.

Of the few trophies I bothered to bring back I have two 45" plus Sables and two 45" plus Buff from there.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AKA, I hunted with Swan/Scan this year in Mumbwa. Am plannning a trip to Mulobaesi next year for Leopard/Sable. Who is your PH?

PM me and I will share my experiences with you.

Sprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We hunted Mulobezi in 2000 with Russ Broom Safaris PH Austin Wienend. Tremendous sable and good roan. There werent many buffalo because water was still in the park. The buffalo migrate in and out of this concession. We heard shots every few days as everyone seemed to have an AK but the game guard was a chickenshit and wouldnt do anything. Boddington hunted this area and killed a great buffalo. Dont plan a leopard trip when the warthogs are having litters.

one of us
posted Hide Post
young_ph..thanks..I wish you the best in your new career!

Mickey1..thanks..sable and roan are on my list as well.

bullsprig..I'll be using Swanepoel and Scandrol and my PH will be John Sharp. Pm on its way..thanks for the information.

gunny..thanks for your feedback..

Posts: 297 | Location: california | Registered: 20 January 2004Reply With Quote