Find
Notify
Tools

Air shipping transit time
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of greatbasin
posted
Any guesses on how long a crate will take from RSA using Safari Cargo Systems air ship, Coppersmith brokers at Portland and on to Idaho Door to door service? Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will probably take at least a couple of weeks. It all has to be cleared by customs, and other agencies if required, and as with any government agency they operate on thier on schedule. If it stops in any other country they have thier paperwork too, my shipments in the past went thru France.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 2007 shipment took 17 days from Windhoek to arrival at my taxidermist in Salt Lake City, and one day to drive down and get it..

2004 shipment from Windhoek to Idaho falls took 3 weeks to get it to SFO. It cleared USCustoms and the shippers who were supposed to deliver it to the tanner across the Bay lost it for 3 more weeks in their warehouse in Sacramento. I finally got everything in a total of 8 weeks.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got an email concerning my Zim trophies and they are leaving SA on the 13th for Athens with Olympic and on to JFK on the 14th.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Wart hog or baboon inside has to go whole crate to USDA taxidermist... to kill germs swine flu and whatever...
None of the above right to your door...

I think a good month may be in order...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine took 12 days from JNB, via LHR where the vets took a look at it, to YYC where Cutoms, Agriculture and Environment (Cites) each took a look at it. I brokered it myself. I pick them up tomorrow morning after 10 1/2 months!

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway,
Why would you go through JFK, if they're going to Montreal? I would assume one would avoid the USFG Nazis whenever possible.

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
check some of his previous posts, especially from a year or two back. the answer will become fairly obvious( i seem to recall one particular quote-" I am Africa"- made in the context of buying African folk art directly from the artists in the bush).

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DAL:
Shootaway,
Why would you go through JFK, if they're going to Montreal? I would assume one would avoid the USFG Nazis whenever possible.
Taxidermy in the US by a forum member.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote