Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Zimbabwe Standard (Harare)
Mutasa Threatens to Evict All White Farmers

September 18, 2005 (Godfrey Mutimba) reporting
-----------------------------------------------

The Minister for State Security, Land, Land Reform and Resettlement, Didymus Mutasa, says the remaining white commercial farmers must be "cleared out" under a new land resettlement operation he dubbed Faster Track.

Speaking during a land audit meeting in Masvingo, Mutasa said the government would grab more farms before the end of the month in order to "rid the country of the white community" who escaped the initial chaotic land grab.

"Operation Murambatsvina should also be applied to the land reform programme to clean the commercial farms that are still in the hands of white farmers. White farmers are dirty and should be cleared out. The government will not hesitate to take their farms to resettle the black people who failed to get land during the redistribution exercise.

"They (whites) are similar to the filth that was in the streets before operation Murambatsvina," Mutasa said.

Mutasa promised to give priority in the allocation of land to traditional leaders whom he said were sidelined in the programme, adding, "that is why maybe it has not been raining".

Mutasa, who resuscitated the Masvingo provincial land committee, which is now headed by Governor Willard Chiwewe, said this time the fast track exercise would be called Faster Track as it would be carried out in one month.

The committee, which includes the provincial heads of the police, CIO and the army, will distribute land to people in the province. "Don't be afraid of these men (CIO). We are working together and they report to me. These men never lie," Mutasa said. Frowner

He conceded that the land reform had some irregularities as several leaders ended up with multiple farms. He warned them to give up multiple farms or risk prosecution.

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
These men never lie," Mutasa said.

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
As I have said many times before, when the wicked rule, the people mourn (and suffer). Suffering in Zimbabwe is going to get even greater now. I wonder how this program will be viewed by Namibian and South African leadership as they contemplate the same issue?

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Some of these farms are the few remaining vegetable farms supplying Harare including government ministers with food.

I guess they are just not hungry enough yet.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The final solution is a return to governance by descendants of Europeans. But that ain't gonna happen.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
GUESTS //

Just for interest only

This is (an old article) approx 20 months ago when the economy was GOOD Wink

It has deterioted by more than 100% since then I would say

Peter
---------------------------------------

Inflation in Zimbabwe
Sokwanele Report : 11 November 2003

This list is accurate as at the date given - in fact some of the prices are a bit low for current conditions. My estimate is that inflation in October was at least 850 per cent for the year to date and that prices more than doubled in the month. It is now almost impossible for people to live.

The minimum wage is now about Z$130 000 a month but the tax threshold is only Z$15000 and most people now pay the top rate on their incomes of 40 to 45 per cent PLUS a series of levies (NSSA, Aids, Manddata, Standards) which raises the top tax rate to over 50 per cent. If you then take NEC rates and pensions out, most low income employees get less than Z$60 000 a month. My own graph of price increases shows very clearly the progression and we are now at that point where the rise is almost vertical. Not many regimes survive for long at this juncture. All pensioners are now in dire straits and need help to survive.

Government shows no signs of even understanding the situation let alone getting to grips with it. Everything they are doing will simply make matters worse.

Eddie Cross

This is a typical price list for a Zimbabwean as at 9am today 11th November 2003 because the prices will have gone up before it hits 5pm.

Grocery (Economy goods)
1 loaf bread $2,800
1 dozen eggs $3,500
2kg sugar $2,000
500g powdered milk $18,000
1kg mince $25,000
2kg chicken portions $20,000
750ml cooking oil $7,500
1 packet cerevita cereal $8,000
2 litres mazoe orange $10,000
4 pack toilet rolls $3,500
1 packet of 5 tomatoes $1,000
1 packet onions $1,000
1 banana $500
1 orange $500
1 apple $800
1 packet 8 sanitary pads $8,000
1kg of dried kapenta $5,000
1 can heinz baked beans $4,017
1kg margerine $10,000
2kg rice $8,000
1 litre coke $2,500
1 bottle cane/vodka $9,700
1 carton cigarettes $13,000
500g pork sauages $12,000
250g bacon $8,000
Transport:
Petrol and diesel $2600-$3000 per litre
Public Transport Central business district & surrounding areas $1,000 up from $400 per trip 2 weeks ago
Long distance buses eg Harare to Bulawayo $30,000
Harare Mutare $25,000
Harare to Masvingo $25,000
Clothing:
1 napkin $15,000
1 pair of court shoes $200,000
1 pair mens shoes $150,000
1 pair pata pata $3,000
1 pair rafters $30,000
1 blouse $60,000
1 ladies suit $400,000
1 mens suit $800,000
1 shirt (not Van Heusen) $50,000
Electrical Items:
1 TV 14inch to 36 inch color $8-million to $20-million
1 radio any label ranges from $1-million to $10-million
1 electrical jug kettle $100,000 plus
Iron $100,000 plus
Accommodation:
To buy a 3-bedroomed house & above $300-million to US$100,000
To rent a 3-bedroomed house & above $500,000 & above per month
Tax/Aids Levy
50% of your gross earnings
Water/Electricity/Rates:
Too High, when there is load shedding, water rationing & no-one come to
collect the trash & it's piled up at all street corners.
Bank interest rates and charges:
Way too high
The average & the majority of Zimbabwean folk earn from a paltry $200,000 to $800,000. Few lower middle class earn $800,000 to $1-million. The middle class & above $1-million to infinity.

How many things can you buy with $200,000 when it can't even take you to work, when it can't even feed your family, when it can't even feed you.

I wish all Zimbabweans a very merry Christmas.

KUREMA KWEMAKATA KUSHURA MATERU

Have faith in God

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
You've missed the final solution! Actually a neutron bomb over Harare would do it. Remember, the neutron bomb causes minimal damage to structures, just kills all the rats.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Peter,

Looking at that grocery price list reminded me of a telephone conversation I had, several weeks ago, with a good friend of mine who still lives in Harare. She lives alone so her grocery needs are not huge and she said that her weekly grocery bill was typically around 1.5 million Zim dollars!

Frightening, isn't it?

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sure glad that white minority rule came to an end in Zimbabwe so that there would no longer be any racism or social injustice in that country. Roll Eyes

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Drive thru RSA and it's very obvious which farms are white owned and which ones aren't.
And, I'm trying to remember something I read once that went something like, (not quoted) The worst oppressors are those recently released from oppression.
Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevster
posted Hide Post
well old bob seems to think it has all been a roaring success so far zim news

Posts: 168 | Location: London,UK | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balla Balla:
Zimbabwe Standard (Harare)
Mutasa Threatens to Evict All White Farmers

September 18, 2005 (Godfrey Mutimba) reporting
-----------------------------------------------

White farmers are dirty and should be cleared out. The government will not hesitate to take their farms to resettle the black people who failed to get land during the redistribution exercise.

"They (whites) are similar to the filth that was in the streets before operation Murambatsvina," Mutasa said.

And when the shit gets really bad the U.N. will step in and support a racist government.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote