who has the best deal on buff hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9iron:
quote:
Originally posted by RBHunt:

However, if I got a real "deal" and the outfit checked out as being reputable, I MIGHT be persuaded to do a hunt that I would not have actually planned to do. You usually get what you pay for, but not always. Anybody got a $3,000 buf hunt? Smiler

$3k would be about what the ph spends in maintenance for his truck. Thats definitely not my goal.

It was a joke, that is why I used an emoticon Smiler.

Please note that I also stated right below it that about the best you could expect for a buffalo hunt today is between $8,000 and $10,000; anything cheaper than that check out the reputation of the outfit very carefully. I did not expect to get a buffalo hunt for $3,000. Some people book at the end of the season and pick up some pretty good deals that way. If you can travel on short notice or know a PH who has a late season hunt or a cancellation, you might beat the $8,000 price.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
sorry, I missed that.

Posts: 17 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: 11 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You also need to be 110% sure of what it is you're buying and whether it's 110% kosher or not.

For example, it's not uncommon for areas to be described as something like 'nestling against the Selous Game Reserve'..... what that translates to is you'll be hunting a buffer zone area. Although some buffer zone areas offer very good hunting, most are not even a shadow of the quality of the SGR itself.

Another one to look out for are split licence hunts in Tanzania. It's not uncommon to see them offered but according to the Tanzanian game laws, every hunter must have his own licence and therefore a split licence hunt is illegal.

Whilst it's not particularly likely you'll be stopped from hunting on this basis, it's obviously not guaranteed and if for example a District Game Officer visits camp and checks hunting licences, the shit could and probably would hit the fan.

One legitimate way to save money on a 2x1 Tz hunt is to have a licence each but reduced list of animals on the licences. Some companies do this to spread the quota further and can sell more hunts. This is perfectly legal but of course in exchange for that price reduction, you don't get to take so many animals.

Elsewhere in Africa, you might be able to get less expensive prices for an unusual or tougher hunt. You won't usually find these on the net because they're not suitable for every type of client and the way to find these is by emailing personal contacts. If you don't have personal contacts for this, then you'll probably never get to hear of them.

What it boils down to is that you need to do your research properly and be sure you're getting exactly what you think you're getting.

Always remember you don't get anything for nothing and there's no such thing as a free lunch.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
9iron,

Can offer you a $3,000 buffalo hunt in my new area called Buffalo World which is next to the famous Buffalo R US concession in Buffalo Land. You are allowed to shoot up to twenty Buffalo a day and if that does not satisfy you then I will throw in my wife and three of my teenage daughters.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although some buffer zone areas offer very good hunting, most are not even a shadow of the quality of the SGR itself.

Shakari you mean Gonabisi, Mahenge North, Kilombero South

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mate, I remember a time when I saw a herd of well over 1000 Buff in Gonabisi.....and they weren't bothered by our presence at all.

Sadly, not any more! Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mate, I remember a time when I saw a herd of well over 1000 Buff in Gonabisi.....and they weren't bothered by our presence at all.

Must be at least 15 Years ago...

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
More..... probably about 17 years ago.

Tom was still very active and in control at that time and sanity still prevailed. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
9iron,

Can offer you a $3,000 buffalo hunt in my new area called Buffalo World which is next to the famous Buffalo R US concession in Buffalo Land. You are allowed to shoot up to twenty Buffalo a day and if that does not satisfy you then I will throw in my wife and three of my teenage daughters.

dancing
Ill pass on the wife and duaghters. I have already aranged to book my taxedermist for the rest of the year, is it possible to take more than 20. where do I sign? I asume you can waive the trophy fee if they are under 50 inch.
lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
9iron,

9Iron, thanks for jumping in. I was afraid to respond to this in fear of being banned from AR! Wink

I would be very interested in a $3,000 buffalo hunt, although I had not planned to book for a buff hunt any time soon. For $3,000, why not? Would the 20 bufs a day be hard bossed? Not that it matters, at that price, I don't have to have any references. I would never ask you to throw in the wife and three teenage daugters! Confused

Would you mind PM'ing me pictures of the wife and daughters?

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Hi 9Iron,

My wife is fairly hard bossed and I will pay you three grand to take her.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi 9Iron,

My wife is fairly hard bossed and I will pay you three grand to take her.

what about all the additionals afterwards pack dip, tips, freight, naging, honey doos, taxidermy etc. I dont think so. Im not new to this hunting business you know. lol

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
She is already dip and packed. Can deduct the freight.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
posted Hide Post
9iron, received this e-mail yesterday. Good luck on your search and hunt.

2010 HHK Zimbabwe Hunt Packages Still Available

Area - Chirisa Safari Area and Sengwa Research

Elephant/buffalo/leopard and plainsgame - 21 days x $1100/day
Elephant/buffalo and plainsgame - 15 days x $1100/day
Elephant bull and plainsgame - 14 days x $950/day
Buffalo/leopard and plainsgame - 15 days x $1100/day
buffalo/tuskless elephant and plainsgame - 14 days x $1100/day
Buffalo and plainsgame - 10 days x $1100/day
Buffalo special - 3 buffalo bulls per hunter - 15 days x $1100/day
Buffalo - special - 2 buffalo bulls per hunter - 12 days x $1100/day
Buffalo - special - 1 buffalo bulls per hunter - 7 days x $1100/day

Area - Chete Safari Area

Elephant/buffalo/leopard and plainsgame - 21 days x $1000/day
Elephant/buffalo and plainsgame - 15 days x $1000/day
Elephant and plainsgame - 10 days x $1000/day
Buffalo/leopard and plainsgame - 15 days x $1000/day
buffalo/tuskless elephant and plainsgame - 14 days x $1100/day
Buffalo and plainsgame - 10 days x $1100/day
Buffalo - special - 2 buffalo bulls per hunter - 12 days x $1100/day
Buffalo - special - 1 buffalo bulls per hunter - 7 days x $1100/day

Area - Matetsi Safari Area - Unit 3

Buffalo/leopard and plainsgame - 15 days x $1400/day
Buffalo and plainsgame - 10 days x $1400/day
Tuskless hunt - 7 days x $750/day

Trophy Fees for Zimbabwe

Species Trophy Fee (US$) Species Trophy Fee (US$) Species Trophy Fee (US$)
Baboon 50 Elephant 70 + lbs 17,000 Kudu male 1100
Buffalo bull 2,600 Elephant tuskless 2,500 Kudu female 450
Buffalo cow 1,150 Genet cat 250 Leopard 4,000
Bushbuck 1,000 Giraffe 1500 Lion male 17,000
Bush pig 350 Grysbok 250 Reedbuck 750
Caracal 500 Guinea fowl 5 Sable 4,250
Civet Cat 500 Francolin 2 Sand grouse 1.50
Crocodile 3,500 Hippo 3000 Serval 500
Doves 1.50 Honey badger 150 Steenbok 450
Duiker,Suni 200 Hyena 400 Warthog 450
Eland 1,300 Impala male 250 Waterbuck 1,500
Elephant bull > 49lbs 12,000 Impala female 150 Wildcat 200
Elephant 50 – 59lbs 14,000 Jackal 100 Wildebeest 1000
Elephant 60 – 69lbs 15,000 Klipspringer 650 Zebra 900

HHK Safaris is now in MOZAMBIQUE!

HHK Safaris has acquired the area north of Caborra Bassa Dam, going up to the Zambian border, east to the Malawi border, and then south towards the town of Tete. The area is nearly four million acres in extent hosting a great number of lion, leopard, roan, Lichtenstein's hartebeest, duiker, suni, crocodile, hippo, and many other plainsgame. We are working on the pricing and packages, so please look for more information soon to come.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
www.martinpieterssafaris.com of Omay communal land, Zimbabwe offer valued Buff hunts.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Ozhunter

That is the most unique buffalo I have seen in a long time.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote