New
Find
Notify
Tools

On The Way, But Not To Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tomorrow, Friday March 25, my lovely wife and I are going on a Carribean cruise. I figure I owe her at least this much for tolerating my trips to Africa with JudgeG. While I am basking in the sun drinking fruity rum drinks and sneaking a peek or two at bikini clad spring break maidens, I will be thinking of all of my AR friends, and will have time to daydream about my upcoming trip to Tanzania in July. Well, at least I might. Anyway, I'll be back in nine days, and hopefully will have some "trophy" pics to post. You guys keep an eye on JudgeG and Ray while I'm gone. Until then.........

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the "trophy" photos Big Grin

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
and hopefully will have some "trophy" pice to post.

The tried and true method is to zoom in over your wife's shoulder. Smiler

Hope you have a great time!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
1115/Dale:

I've known you for 15 years now and you are a fine man and about as good a friend as I have... but fellow, you married above yourself. You take good care of your lady down there in the sun! She is a winner!

While you're gone, I'll toot my horn everytime I pass Hopewell on my way turkey hunting at Tiger Island.

Have a great trip.. and I won't mind looking at the pictures, either!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG

If you don't score on Tiger Island, go all the way in the back of my place in that big Oak Hammock. Big flock has been roosting in the swamp there. Maybe you can lure one out. Good luck. I will bring you a trinket from the Virgin Islands.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I really want to get one on the Tiger, but I surely do appreciate the invite! I may take you up on it! And, I get one, expect a feather on the front porch!

Make that trinket you bring back for me about 34 years old, built a goddess, up for anything, a little flakey and a playboy model.. or just get Lee W. to stop by my house. Cool

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG,

These will have to do until I get back. I will trade phone numbers for a Searcy double 470.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
1115" maybe you can find another one like the one you showed me at your house. You know the one with the large..er "ear warmers.Smiler Have a safe and wonderful trip. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Screeeeew old Ern, you got my Searcy, send them to me one a month, make that every 6 months, don't want to over work my 70 year old heart! beer

And Dale, don't overspend on the vacation, thats my commission going down the tube..Rathole those extra trophy fees, remember a second buff is really the best deal going...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1115:

Have a great trip and keep posting the pictures...I would like to see you get a bidding war going between Ray and the Judge.

I will be meeting you at the local "Airport" in Tanzania July 30 on my way back home...and look forward to it!

Ray, if you got an extra Buffalo or two...please let us know as there is no need to leave them out in the Bush!...but I guess I would be bidding against the Judge on that one!

Regards,

JJS

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update:

We are currently about 400 miles east of Ft Lauderdale. We have a full day at sea, and get into San Juan tomorrow. I haven't seen too much of the ship. Just to damned many bikinis!!! The wife is worried I'll get whiplash. The have a lounge onboard called the Safari Club. Lots of neat African themed art on the walls, and the whole motif is African. Pretty neat place to sit, drink, and think about Africa. Bye for now........