THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zimbabwe P.H. proficency/practical test

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe P.H. proficency/practical test
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
Anyone know who the successful candidates are? I have a couple of friends that stood the test this time and would like to know if they passed?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I was wondering this too. I have an e-mail or two outstanding on this issue, but no replies as of yet. We'll see.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Judge, the results will be out in about 10 days, they have to be approved by the Minister of Tourism.

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Just out of interest, it would seem that there are some who obtain PH licenses without going through the rigors of this test.

Will that list be made public as well?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Just out of interest, it would seem that there are some who obtain PH licenses without going through the rigors of this test.

????????

Fairgame, I'm not questioning you, but please enlighten us.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:

????????

Come on, Jason.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19365 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard if you are black you skip a lot of the test and apprintice time. May be bullshit but I doubt it.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dye Mound , Texas | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:

????????

My reference is for example Ray Atkinson recently posted a hunt here and the PH named was not registered with the association?

This is more a reference to PH's coming over the border from other African countries.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since 1995 there have been no people 'given' PH licenses. Prior to 1993 there were none either.

Lionel Reynolds was Association chief examiner from 1995 till 2001. I replaced Lioned (with considerable assistance from Andy Hunter) and handed over to Roy Ludick in 2008. Anthoney Crick has taken over from Roy.

In 2002 I managed to get an 'Audit' done of all PH licenses and there were a surprising number that didn't check out and said individuals lost their fraudulently aquired licences.

More Recently, there have been many folk claiming they are licensed Zim PH's...but they don't actually hold a licence. Ask to see the plastic license of your PH at the begining of the hunt or ask on the forum. The list up until I 'retired' is on the africa reference section...would be nice if the committee could update it (nudge nudge)

Posts: 244 | Location: Zimbabwe/Sweden | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
The list is most certainly not up to date. I know several top notch PHs whose names do not appear on the list , but who are bona fide PHS with full licenses. Terry Anders, Wayne Bartlett, Glenn Stockil all do not appear, but are certainly genuine PHs. I note on the africa reference post that Terry is listed as having a restricted, however he now has a full license.(3 years I beleive)

I do think that it is a great idea to push for a complete list of licensed PHs every year as there are most certainly a great number of posers out there. In addition, I have also heard of several SA PHs operating in Zim .

Perhaps Martin Pieters could post a complete list including the names of those who have just passed. I am sure that this would be extremely useful to all on AR and indeed elsewhere.

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ernest, the list is out....I'm sorry, you didn't make it again.

BUT LITTLE ERNEST WAS #1 IN THE CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
As soon as the results are out, I will do my best to post an updated list, hopefully we can make sure the list is kept up to date and public..............when are you coming for a beer Don ( nudge,nudge )

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge: If one of the friends is Andres...we had a communication from him this morning and he scored a 95 on trophy judgment, but had a bit of a problem with his guide candidate taking his elephant...he says if he passes we will hear him yell all the way from Zim.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2906 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Mart - I know of one young man who BETTER have passed!!! Or he'll be sleeping in the boat while others are out having fun chasing elephant!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
Mart - I know of one young man who BETTER have passed!!! Or he'll be sleeping in the boat while others are out having fun chasing elephant!

Or following behind us with a camera in his hand if he is lucky.

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Ernest, the list is out....I'm sorry, you didn't make it again.

BUT LITTLE ERNEST WAS #1 IN THE CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But surely he won the all important 'Reverse Hippo Tail Toss'???

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote