Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunter - Rhino Issue
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted
Got my issue yesterday and read it on a flight last night. Great articles from 500 Grains and Will. The AR advertisement on page 8.....PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the bullet test article.

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Hope my issue shows up today. Gonna snow this weekend...

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it! I re-upped for another two years at SCI even though my subscription was not due to expire at that time.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
What kind of time span does it take for someone to receive their issue from the first report of someone else receiving theirs? I subscribed about a month ago and was just wondering since this should be my first issue.

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Graybird,

It seems like my first issue was quite a while from the time I first subsribed...but the folks did answer my e-mails and let me know when I'd receive it. Nice guys.

Matt

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got mine too. thumb

The "priceless" AR.COM dung beetle ad is embedded in 500grain's commercial for Ryan Breeding .505 Gibbs rifles and Woodleigh FMJ .505/600-grainers. Crikey! What some people will stoop to for publicity! Wink

The article by Will, Pondoro The Junior, was refreshingly honest in his admission of fumble fingers with double triggers. Even if Will can't walk and chew gum at the same time, he deserves a round of applause for his entertaining style, and best wishes for the collecting of material for his next book. clap

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of stuntpilot2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:
I enjoyed the bullet test article.

As another "single bullet" convert to Barnes-X's, I enjoyed that article as well.

I read the magazine cover to cover on a long flight. Many other great articles in this issue, too. The looks I got from the person next to me and sitting across the aisle were nearly as entertaining as the writing. From their expressions, you'd have thought I'd passed gas.

Posts: 214 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Don't forget that Steve "Shakari" Robinson also had a very good (and very funny) article in there.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HEY!

Waht am I missing here...waht magazine....where do I get a copy / subscription???

Pleeeease advise,

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I did go to college..."What" is how you spell what! killpc

one of us
Picture of stuntpilot2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wemmer:
HEY!

Waht am I missing here...waht magazine....where do I get a copy / subscription???

Pleeeease advise,

Jeff

http://www.africanhuntermagazines.com/Default.aspx?tabi...CategoryID=9&Level=1

Posts: 214 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rip

That was just a coincidence! That ball of crap wasn't put in the middle of 500grains article on purpose.

Seems Dan can't go more than a few months without killing a few elephants. Breeding rifle looks tough but to rich for my blood, I would borrow one though if Ryan would go for it.

Posts: 177 | Location: The Arkansas Line | Registered: 15 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bulldog563:
Don't forget that Steve "Shakari" Robinson also had a very good (and very funny) article in there.

Glad you liked it, I wasn't entirely sure how the humour would translate across the pond! Wink

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting on mine. . .

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:
Originally posted by bulldog563:

Glad you liked it, I wasn't entirely sure how the humour would translate across the pond! Wink

My whole family is from SA so I guess I am a bit biased towards the brit style of humor.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote