THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    March 13-14 Traveled from Africa during Corona scare...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March 13-14 Traveled from Africa during Corona scare...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
I just returned from Uganda via Amsterdam. We were worried about getting home, screenings, etc., but we didn't freak out, change flights, or any of that stuff. In short, in Atlanta on Saturday the 14th, the corona virus screening was a joke. We were all given a short form to fill out, basically personal info, asked if you had been in China or were sick. That's it. Then we handed it to masked staff off the plane, were given an info brochure about traveling in China, and told to have a nice day. It was a joke, and if that is all that is going to be in a screening, the gov't is wasting a ton of money.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Uganda has implemented a 14-day quarantine period.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/a...-dfw-chicago-customs

Chicago was a nightmare, it has been on the local news non-stop.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Arrived in Dubai early morning Sunday.

They had temperature sensors in the corridors, but no one stopped us.

Airport had less passengers than normal.

I understand whoever is judged to have higher temperatures than normal is given further examination.

We were flying back from Geneva, Switzerland.

Geneva airport also had less passengers.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Yes Uganda has a 14 day quarantine for people coming in. We were leaving. I guess my point was that there was no real scan or screening in Atlanta. I expected a thermometer/fever screening at the least. Just a waste of money what we went through(or didn’t).

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree. Wash hands, don't go to China, be thankful the NBA season is over or at least shortened, and that the Democrat debates are on hold.

Not all bad. I get to work from home and no travel!!!

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, I hope you post a report on Uganda... my new favorite place....

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Welcome home Tim. I've been following your posts on facebook.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1634 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim Herald...one of the few that has traveled enough to know - stop worrying over silly stuff!

Congrats on a great hunt pal...

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Agree Aaron.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is no longer our own choice now.

Whatever one thinks, the choice has been taken out of our hands.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The US Embassy announced last week that there were no cases in Zimbabwe yet, but there is a persistent copycat mentality here in Zimbabwe that they have to follow South Africa's lead, so who knows whether Zimbabwe will jump on the bandwagon.

Apart from that, all is quiet in Zimbabwe. I can even DHL toilet paper to anyone in desperate need!

https://www.news24.com/SouthAf...travel-bans-20200315

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine is from Bulawayo, she knows about a person there diagnosed with coronavirus.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Tim Herald...one of the few that has traveled enough to know - stop worrying over silly stuff!

Congrats on a great hunt pal...

so there is no reason to worry over flights?....or fake quarantine?

Posts: 40 | Location: lewistown Montana | Registered: 25 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
flights are a major issue as most Countries won’t let US citizens in now. There are going to be a lot of hunts that will have to be rescheduled. I guess no need to worry about it- just have to deal with it. I am not doing anything about my future hunts until 30 days from the hunt dates to see how it all shakes out.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com