THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Any organizations out there to help Veterans with hunting trips?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any organizations out there to help Veterans with hunting trips?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
First, if I'm out of line here please cancel this post. I'm out of my element with this so if I offend someone please accept my apologies. My best friend from childhood (we're both 51) just left my house about an hour ago. He's home on emergency leave from Afghanistan because his wife and 2 teenage sons were in a very bad car accident, bad enough that he got emergency leave. He's a Sergeant in the US Army and is stationed at Bagram in Afghanistan. About 18 months ago when he found out he was activated we agreed to go on a hunting trip together when he got home, he has never been on a guided hunt of any kind, we've hunted deer and small game together since 3rd grade. 4 years ago I hunted plains game in South Africa, we planned to go there next spring and hunt with the PH I had because I had a fantastic hunt. Well long story short, the money he was going to use for our hunting trip is going to go towards a new car for his wife because hers was totalled in the accident. He has one son in college and another one starting this fall so he's stretched very thin financially. It really is breaking my heart because he was really looking forward to getting a new rifle and going on a hunt to Africa.
Here's my question. Are there any organizations that help non wounded veterans? I've read about wounded veterans getting help with hunting trips but I'm wondering if there is any help available for veterans. I'm hoping to find a way to help my friend to still be able to go with me. I'm going to hopefully work some extra to help with airfare, but unfortunately there's no way I can cover the expenses for both of us. If anyone knows of an organization that might be able to help please let me know. Thank you for letting me post this.
Joe

Posts: 185 | Location: ohio | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Joe,

Best I could do for the good soldier is if you both came to Luangwa for plains game then the soldier can hunt for free, but I cannot afford to include trophy fees which in Zambia are steep. Maybe worth your while trying to find him a sponsor for that?

Let me know if this helps you out.

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
pm sent

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentleman,
Thank you for the replies. I'm going to check with my SCI chapter, I don't know if they have a program or not. If anybody has any tips please let me know. Thanks.
Joe

Posts: 185 | Location: ohio | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hey Joe

You say that you are going to (hunt with the PH) you hunted with last time 4 years ago.

You are a bit vague in what you are after for your freind apart from the help aspect.

Is the PH you going with working for a company or is he a company outfitter himself.

So do I take it then you are booking with that PH or are you are asking for "hard cash" to assist your vet buddy.

Please be more specific what you want and what your buddy would expect to be able to pay !!

I take it the totalled vehicle was NOT INSURED at all

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
PM sent to goosejoe.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote