Find
Notify
Tools

Price on Hippo Bull and Croc Hunt?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
I used to have Hippo Cow and Croc hunts in Mozambique, but I have never had one where you could shoot a Bull.

I have seen Hippo Bull and Croc hunts advertised in the past, but I can not find any right now and I can not remember the prices.

What do these hunts usually go for? How many days are they?

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Uh, seven days at $100/day with a $100 trophy fee per hippo (maximum five hippos per day). jumping

I'll take two hunts myself. cheers

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hippo and croc can be had as part of a 7 day buffalo hunt in Zambia. I had just such a hunt with Peter Chipman this last year on a 2/1 hunt for $5500.00 plus trophy fees. I booked the hunt with Wes Hixon. Hope this helped some.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Can you tell us the trophy fees in Zambia?

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
buff, $1575.00
hippo,$1560.00
croc, $1560.00
waterbuck,$1100.00
zebra,$925.00
puku, $520.00
bushbuck,$520.00
kudu,$1390.00

for other fees see the website.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell-I think MacDonald offers those in Moz on Lake Caborabossa(sp??). I think there may be other companies offering the same there. I have been told by one of the Phs there that it is a relativly easy hunt- he was saying a 5 day.They bait the crocs in and am told they are quite aggressive.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Wendell,

Charlton-McCallum Safaris also offers crock/hippo safaris in Mozambique. The prices are on their websit.

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lb404 is right. A buff, hippo, croc can easily be done on a 7 day schedule along the Luangwa. The avaialability of hippo and croc have made the decision easy for several folks this year on where to book a buff hunt.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
George,

I will consider you offer. animal

Please do not book your flights yet.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
George,

I will consider you offer. animal

Please do not book your flights yet.

Okay, if it makes any difference, I'm prepared to book four hunts back-to-back. Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Send me the money. I will forward your special trophy fee list after I receive the deposit.
Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell, Crane is right. Sandy Mcdonald does hippo and croc hunts. I will get a price for you tomorrow. BTW thanks for the help last night.
Mike

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell, 7 days $8200.00 including trophy fees.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That is about right. CM Safaris has theirs at $3500 + trophy fees. It will be $7500- $8500 for the two critters on a 5-day hunt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a friend from the states that went over to Africa many years ago and stayed with an outfitter. He got to shoot a bunch of hippos to cull them out of some areas. (No Charge to him) If I remember right he was shooting a borrowed .333 Nitro Express. What I really remember about many of the stories was that they were in a rubber raft and that they were low on ammo most of the time, it was not a good combination, but he really enjoyed it.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I went to Charlton-McCallum's website and contacted them about a month ago. They said they'd get right back to me with new prices. That was a month ago . . .

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
Many of you are mentioning names but not websites - I would like to research these suggestions but need more info - please tell me the company names associated with your PH suggestions

Thanks!!

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
http://www.cmsafaris.com/

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote