New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uniformed anti-Hunter
 Login/Join

Picture of hunter1979
posted
Just received an email from a David Bradly (dbradley.environ@googlemail.com) enlightening us on
his views of Trophy hunters.

I personally don't have a problem with anti-hunters,but they should keep their views to them selves, especially
if they have no clue as to how the hunting industry supports conservation.

This is his message:

Three Way Safaris and the brigade of trophy hunters, What does a trophy hunter achieve when he/she hunts a Rhino, Lion, Elephant etc ? How can the feeling of hunting something which has no means to defend itself be so fulfilling?! Hunting animals for the purpose of food is completely different, but hunting threatened/endangered animals for recreational purpose's is pathetic and morally wrong! If you trophy hunters are so adamant about shooting these animals in a game reserve for whatever reason, why not sign up for the army and go to war?! Then its fair game! I did for Great Britain in Iraq for 2 years then returned back to SA. I hated every minute of it. I don't see the point in hunting innocent animals. Its unfair to have an animal 50 meters or more away (or closer for the ones that don't know how to shoot just so that they get there $ worth) and while the animal is foraging just blow it away and then pose for a pathetic picture thinking your ' Rambo'. Where is the glory in that?! Some game farms that are used for trophy hunting are also involved in the illegal trade of rhino horns and canned lion hunting to help those rotten Asians get their so called medicine and therefore certain game farms can get kick backs and make extra $. Which is shocking and disgusting to say the least. An example of people hunting animals just for sport and excitement was the American bison. There were more than 60 million bison living in North America a few hundred years ago. However, when humans came over they hunted them for food and clothing. Later the bison were just killed for the enjoyment of the hunters. Where is the enjoyment in that?? I mean seriously, an animal that cannot defend itself, just roaming around foraging then suddenly shot for fun. I don't see the excitement at all. There is more excitement in war than shooting an innocent animal for the fun of it. Another classic example of a recreational activity you call a sport all in the name of God and $! Sickening!! I can only think of the simple fact that hunting supposedly makes you all feel more manly. What a blady joke! Your response will probably be BS.....Ignorance is Bliss! Don't bother. By the way,as a South African, I'm not your typical greenie, tree hugger etc I do eat meat(free range organic), i have gone to war(British army in Iraq), play club rugby...so NO I'm not your typical pansy that you associate greenies with! At the end of the day, nothing will change your views and the way you treat animals! It is what it is for now! You trophy hunters are an ignorant bunch who cant see the bigger picture. I hope that all you trophy hunters get cancer and perish and then go to hell. Would do this planet a world of good! My only assumption is that you people are insecure about yourselves and the only way to stand out from the 'crowd' is to show off your pansy ass bullshit hunting skills. Any idiot with two brain cells can pull a trigger! Get a life you barbaric savages! "Only after the last tree has been cut down Only after the last river has been poisoned Only after the last fish has been caught Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten" David

One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
He needs to play some real football

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or sit under a tree and play with his ding a ling.

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
wow... so much ignorance in one email. astounding!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen:

When I read the following excerpt from the above tirade:

"If you trophy hunters are so adamant about shooting these animals in a game reserve for whatever reason, why not sign up for the army and go to war?! Then its fair game! I did for Great Britain in Iraq for 2 years then returned back to SA. I hated every minute of it. I don't see the point in hunting innocent animals."

I can only think of one cause, that grenade blew up a little too close to his head.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is obviously not well informed. Anti hunters don't seem to realize that they don't contribute to the preservation of the species in any way. Hunters pay the license and trophy fees and then expect the government to take the money and manage the herds. We are not the only predator out there. All of the concessions that I have hunted in SA have established, well run management programs to keep their herds at the management levels they set. Haven't found a one yet that has said I only have 3 on quota for this year but go ahead and shoot the other 134 if you want to.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he is a bit insecure and needs to get his facts straight Roll Eyes

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Rambo? Sheesh...What a putz. moon

~Ann

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Or sit under a tree and play with his ding a ling.

And who said he wasn't?????

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is everybody in the UK a wanker?

Posts: 27 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Emotion is one thing and that will not change. However, his factual information is just so wrong that it is comical. Witness his comments about bison. as one example. How can one ignore killing of bison by Indians, by buffalo hunters for the fur trade and as a weapon of war against the Indians. I'm not defending those, but they certainly have nothing to do with trophy hunting.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
One of the first items to discuss in any conversation with these people are definitions.

They typically lump all killing of animals into a single "hunting" bucket.

Once they understand the distinctions between market, poaching, war, trophy, etc... then you can actually start having a dialog. If they refuse to learn then there is no point in discussing anything further.

One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
CODSWALOP! Big Grin

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunter1979:
Just received an email from a David Bradly (dbradley.environ@googlemail.com) enlightening us on
his views of Trophy hunters.

I personally don't have a problem with anti-hunters,but they should keep their views to them selves, especially
if they have no clue as to how the hunting industry supports conservation.

This is his message:

Three Way Safaris and the brigade of trophy hunters, What does a trophy hunter achieve when he/she hunts a Rhino, Lion, Elephant etc ? How can the feeling of hunting something which has no means to defend itself be so fulfilling?! Hunting animals for the purpose of food is completely different, but hunting threatened/endangered animals for recreational purpose's is pathetic and morally wrong! If you trophy hunters are so adamant about shooting these animals in a game reserve for whatever reason, why not sign up for the army and go to war?! Then its fair game! I did for Great Britain in Iraq for 2 years then returned back to SA. I hated every minute of it. I don't see the point in hunting innocent animals. Its unfair to have an animal 50 meters or more away (or closer for the ones that don't know how to shoot just so that they get there $ worth) and while the animal is foraging just blow it away and then pose for a pathetic picture thinking your ' Rambo'. Where is the glory in that?! Some game farms that are used for trophy hunting are also involved in the illegal trade of rhino horns and canned lion hunting to help those rotten Asians get their so called medicine and therefore certain game farms can get kick backs and make extra $. Which is shocking and disgusting to say the least. An example of people hunting animals just for sport and excitement was the American bison. There were more than 60 million bison living in North America a few hundred years ago. However, when humans came over they hunted them for food and clothing. Later the bison were just killed for the enjoyment of the hunters. Where is the enjoyment in that?? I mean seriously, an animal that cannot defend itself, just roaming around foraging then suddenly shot for fun. I don't see the excitement at all. There is more excitement in war than shooting an innocent animal for the fun of it. Another classic example of a recreational activity you call a sport all in the name of God and $! Sickening!! I can only think of the simple fact that hunting supposedly makes you all feel more manly. What a blady joke! Your response will probably be BS.....Ignorance is Bliss! Don't bother. By the way,as a South African, I'm not your typical greenie, tree hugger etc I do eat meat(free range organic), i have gone to war(British army in Iraq), play club rugby...so NO I'm not your typical pansy that you associate greenies with! At the end of the day, nothing will change your views and the way you treat animals! It is what it is for now! You trophy hunters are an ignorant bunch who cant see the bigger picture. I hope that all you trophy hunters get cancer and perish and then go to hell. Would do this planet a world of good! My only assumption is that you people are insecure about yourselves and the only way to stand out from the 'crowd' is to show off your pansy ass bullshit hunting skills. Any idiot with two brain cells can pull a trigger! Get a life you barbaric savages! "Only after the last tree has been cut down Only after the last river has been poisoned Only after the last fish has been caught Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten" David

This guy thinks "stupid" is a badge of honor! If it were he would be the most educated and decorated fellow in the world! However what he is, is just retarded with no badge,or brain.
I'd love to watch this guy try to prove how easy it is the stop a pissed off cow elephant, or lion with his two brain cells by simply pulling a trigger,before he crapped his shorts that is.

..................... jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
you can't cure(or convince) "STUPID". JUST THE LATEST JOLO, BUNNY HUGGER POSTER TO DISPLAY HIS IGNORANCE HERE1

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13390 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunter1979:
An example of people hunting animals just for sport and excitement was the American bison. There were more than 60 million bison living in North America a few hundred years ago. However, when humans came over they hunted them for food and clothing. Later the bison were just killed for the enjoyment of the hunters. Where is the enjoyment in that?? [/b]

Those bison are lucky that there were no humans here before "they" came over.

Thank God those Native Americans were not "humans."

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noreaster:
Is everybody in the UK a wanker?

well thought out reply, are you?

Posts: 30 | Location: Angola, Africa | Registered: 05 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
noreaster

No we are not all wankers. I am a hunter through and through and have been since i was 7 years old. Be it driven shooting in the Uk to deer stalking in Scotland and also hunting in Zimbabwe. These anti hunters make me sick they have no clue what so ever about hunting.

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 704 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
An example of people hunting animals just for sport and excitement was the American bison. There were more than 60 million bison living in North America a few hundred years ago. However, when humans came over they hunted them for food and clothing. Later the bison were just killed for the enjoyment of the hunters.

I guess he doesn't realize the bison were killed off by market hunters fulfilling the need of the non-hunters for the hides and tongues, i.e. "food and clothing". The life of a bison market hunter was anything but enjoyable.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have to really scratch around to find where I read it, but one study, pretty well researched if I remember correctly, suggested that the majority of the North American bison were actually killed off by disease, and not the buff. hunters. It did not dispute the fact that astronomical numbers were taken off for the "trade", but claims that the great majority of bison deaths were from introduced cattle disease(s).

Posts: 73 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 10 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gman21:
I would have to really scratch around to find where I read it, but one study, pretty well researched if I remember correctly, suggested that the majority of the North American bison were actually killed off by disease, and not the buff. hunters. It did not dispute the fact that astronomical numbers were taken off for the "trade", but claims that the great majority of bison deaths were from introduced cattle disease(s).

gman21,The real wiping out of American bison was certainly assisted by the hide hunters,but that is not what did the most damage. The government solved two problems by giving the railroads 1 mile on either side of the right of way, to get the railroad system to the west coast,with the provision that they kill all the buffalo within that right of way. This accomplished two things the rail system, and control of the Indians!
The railroads took flat cars of shooters that shot every buffalo they could from the moving train,leaving them to rot. Between the railroads, and the hide hunters they drasticlly redused the Indian's food and hide supply.
The demise of the American bison had very light numbers taken by food hunters, and even less by the very rare sport hunter in those days!
................................................................ old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mac, Appreciate your insight, as always

Posts: 73 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 10 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This guy sent me the very same email and he and I went back and forth for a while. He, like so many other non-conservationists, lacks the intellect to debate anything of relevance.

Posts: 149 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
From the Urban Dictionary (note the URL has it spelled correctly);

http://www.urbandictionary.com...?term=david%20bradly

David Bradley

3 up, 1 down

Similar to a Poppy Johnson. If Poppy had a tumor removed from his butthole and it grew legs, wobbled around, and acted like a menopausal woman, that's a David Bradley. Will also plow over you like a steam roller in a mad dash to be the first to clock out and the end of a shift.

Person 1: "I refuse to work with you. Ever."

Person 2: "Don't be such a David Bradley"

One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
As stupid as stupid is Wink

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Moody:
This guy sent me the very same email and he and I went back and forth for a while. He, like so many other non-conservationists, lacks the intellect to debate anything of relevance.

What we should do is to put Jolobourn in touch with David... Then they can solve the conservation problems of this world between the two of them in private... at least they seem to be on the same level... Wonder what happened to her BTW...

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I actually emailed this guy with my comments and he replied politely sayin g his email was hacked and this was some mischief played by someone else on his account.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11188 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
.......Jolobourn ...... Wonder what happened to her BTW...

PM sent.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote