Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunting DVD???
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for recommendations for good African hunting DVD's .I have just watched Craig Boddingtons latest Buff DVD and thought it was excellent and I am looking other similar DVD's.

I am not really interested in just watching some guy shooting rows of trophy animals, rather something with an instructional element too, again very much like Boddingtons DVD...

Oh, and I am not interested in any of Mark S work either.....

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites is Andrew Dawson's "He's In The Tree". You'll learn a lot about baiting leopards. You can find it at: http://www.outdoorvisions.com/searchproducts.asp

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I like the Danish Hunters Video films too.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Hunters Video DVDs get my vote as well, especially Serengeti 1 for the lion hunt and Masailand 1 has a very good buffalo hunt. These are however the only hunting DVDs I have seen so I do have a poor basis for comparison.

Regards
Mark

Posts: 3 | Location: Norfolk UK | Registered: 19 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Pete E

Check out these titles Wink
Klick on the titles to see the trailer.
http://www.huntersvideo.dk/index.php?pt=videolist®ion=Africa&lang=UK&partnerid=

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete thanks for the info on the Hunters series DVD's.Looks like a couple of real good ones.

Like your freedom...Thank a Vet.

Posts: 29 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents,

I have a longing to one day hunt leopard so I've ordered a copy of "He's In The Tree" ...I'll be itching now untill it arrives!

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I just back from the Double Rifle Shooters Society Spring Hunt. While there
450#2 NE treated us to a viewing of his 21 day hunt in Zim last year.

The video was professionally shot and edited.
Beside being of high quality, it the best double rifle safari video I've had the pleasure of watching.

I hope that he will offer copies for sale! We are talking up close at double rifle ranges!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty:

Amen to 450#2NE's video. It was COMPLETELY AWESOME. I want a copy for myself.

Clark7781

Posts: 36 | Location: Fairfax County, Virginia | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Quite by accident, yesterday I discovered that Netflix carries the entire Capstick series of videos. This Includes Lion, white rhino, elephant, Botswana Safari, and Capstick's Last Safari. This is a pretty good service for about $17/month. We get 3-5 DVDs per week through them. This is a good way to view them without having to purchase. First month of the service is usually free (hint hint)!! Of course that won't help someone in N.Wales very much.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote