Please spread this information around on your own blogs and face
book pages. The more people who can be exposed to wildlife's
management principles and practices, and the 'truths' behind what is
happening world-wide, the better. We are really fighting a last
ditch battle and we need EVERYBODY to come on board if we are going
to win it.

Ron Thomson

http://voices.news24.com/ron-t...wildlife-armageddon/

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Good start Ron, looking forward to the rest.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RON,
I met you in your house with Andre de George a number of years ago. We debated South Africa elephant management vs. West Africa elephant management and I learned a lot. I highly respect your "feet on the ground" view of wildlife management.
Keep after it,
Camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Ron: Off Subject, but.......Have just spent two weeks in the Deka Tail, Chokamella, Deka Safari and Deka pool area......Then into the park at Sinamatella. I believe it was your second book - "Stand Your Ground" that detailed your time in Hwange. How can I begin to say Thank You for your writings. My time there was enhanced and made ten times better by your writing. I am glad, however, that YOU were not in the park. You would have been physically SICK, I promise you. The roads....the infra-structure, the Sinamatella Camp, the dignity of the 'Park Ranger'........ALL, ALL IS GONE. Please do not look back my friend except to remember with fondness the days of your youth. I think only the Elephant and the bush have remained somewhat the same. The bush is green and thick. We tracked and saw many, many average bulls. We came in from a evenings walk up the Inyuatue River just outside the park and found out about the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Ivory ban.
All I really want to say is Thank You for your book. My trip simply would not have been the same without it!!!!!!!!! Brennan

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
I just wish to set the record straight, Scriptus is not Ron Thomson and I posted this on behalf of Ron so that those folk who want to follow Ron's essays on a subject that should be close to the hearts of every Afrophile.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
I will be following with interest. I hope the right people read them and take note, and we don't end up preaching to the converted all over again.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote