New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim Tempature in late Oct??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have any of you hunted in Zim/Matopas in late October? What is the temp/weather like, and is the vegitation all green by then?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That area of matebeleland never gets too hot. Seldom breaks the 100 deg mark although mid to high 90's would be the norm. The first rains should have fallen and you should have the first signs of a green flush- but the bush will still be quite sparse.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be hunting Leopard there/Plum Tree area with Wayne Grant. Never hunted that area, only Beitbridge and West Nick.
Could you tell me a bit more about that area what to expect in general...I would appreciate hearing your comments. Thanks Ganyana!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been at Gwaai River the last week of October and it is HOT. Nay, Very Hot! But apparently not hot enough to keep me away. I will be there again this October.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I hunted near West Nicholson and Gwanda during the last part of October in 2007 and it was hot. Mid nineties. So warm at night that I had all of the windows open and the mozzie net down and in place every night. It was also humid as they had had a major rainstorm the night that I arrived. It turned from dry, brown and open to totally green and thick within the 10 days that I was there. That was my experience. Leopardtrack: Send me a PM about your hunt please.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to school in plumtree -"the town that made the west" as the bumper stickers put it!

Higher altitude than west nick, and mostly on the edge of the kalahari, so very sandy soils. cools down rapidly at night (which is nice).

Mix of accasia's and chinese lantern scrub - flowers will not be out though. What is not sandy soil is granite kopjies - which is why the leopard density is so high.

You are hunting with oone of the best in the game - enjoy

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post
That area is hot, bloody hot in October... dancing

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote