THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Shoulder Damage - shooting injury, any MDs?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Shoulder Damage - shooting injury, any MDs?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted
No picture, no certain diagnosis.
First do a MRI
Then, see a sports medicine doctor or a rheumatogist
If need be then an orthopedist either for a diagnosis or/and surgery.

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have suffered from what has been diagnosed as tendonitis for several years. Finally went to a sports med orthopedic DR and he gave me a shot of cortisone and prescribed some very simple exercises that can be done in front of TV. He also prescribed a pad device that has a silicone pocket and velcros around the forearm. Since the exercises for about 6 months and wearing the pad when I did any thing heavy I have been without pain for about 6 years now.

Posts: 70 | Location: So. Az | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember that surgery is always the last option.

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Funny my friends on AR are always ready with timely info. My shoulder as of monday last, has been a true aggrivation. Certain ways of moving it, particularly up at an angle or up with any weight, and my shoulder has my immediate and undivided attention. 800 mg ibuprofen don't touch it. I am hoping that a week or so of anti inflamatory will help but something is telling me that this one is different. Long ago I took a nasty skiing fall on that shoulder and it has not been right since. I walked about 10 miles on Sunday with a 40+ pound pack on my back. If it gets no better an orthopod will be indicated.

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
D Hunter:

Old skiing trauma=orthopedic consultation.

More or less. As the pain is now acute it might just be a inflammatory process but all our ols injuries show up with age -sorry about that...

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote