THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    I just finished Ray Atkinson's Cape Buffalo
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just finished Ray Atkinson's Cape Buffalo
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thats a blue ribbon job if I have ever seen one

I assume you mean Pabst Blue Ribbon!

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3831 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PABST BLUE RIBBON- Now thats funny , I don't care who you are.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is rumored in all of Africa that Will will mount anybodys buffalo, male or female, he is considered the buffalo god in many villages, so Mount on, Mounter!! moon

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42138 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray I hear Will had lots of bull,are you saying Will is a lot of bull. Now I understand why that mount has such a shocked look.

dancing
JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am going to tell you a story.

A few years ago we hunted with Ray in Tanzania. They came back to camp after dark, and told us that they had shot a monster dugga boy just before sun set, and have not been able to find him.

The next morning, we all went together to help them find it. There was some blood at the biginning, then that disappeared.

Trouble was there were far too many buffalo bull tracks, and after while we all gave up.

Later that day, we were heading back to camp, and we saw some vultures take off not too far away.

We stopped the truck, and went to have a look. We found Ray's dugga boy, mostly eaten by lions and hyaenas, but the head was relatively fine.

We took it back to camp, and gave it to Ray as a present!

Funny enough, the bull was dead about 300 yards from where we stopped looking for him earlier.

Even after it has been mounted, it still looks better than either Bill or Ray clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68641 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
"WOW"! Just when I thought I wouldn't get any more Buffalo mounted.
Will, Would you take on any more work?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Bill, are you going to make wallets from the rest of the hide?

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote