THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Elephant Quest ... A childhood dream come true!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Elephant Quest ... A childhood dream come true!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
JudgeG
WELL DONE....
And done right, up close with a Double Rifle.
As you now know there is nothing like Elephant Hunting...Nothing.
When you get to Dallas we will lift our glasses of Single Malt High, and toast the Mighty Elephant, Double Rifles, and all the other Regal Beasts hunted by Man.

Again WELL DONE.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

There must be a picture of the bull. I've seen enough of you and your pants.

Ski+3

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Excellent story. You have a good way with words. I am glad you got your elephant. Now how about a picture. That would make the story complete.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Judge,

You have just finished descibing a dream trip, many here wish to be blessed with. To get to fullfill a life long desire, with a side by side, in a classic caliber, built to your wishes. Using that fine weapon at close quarters on a truly noble beast, as it should be. The trophy is the experience.

We will be looking foreward to seeing the pictures of your latest safari.

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
N.E. (or better, my friend Tony):

A toast to elephant, kudu, lions, leopard, impala, sable, roan, warthogs, et al... you have a designated driver?

And... I like my p.j's!

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Wonderful tale! Congratulations!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, I hope the rumours of a book were NOT in jest!!
Sounds like it would have been a good video clip! But the description had me crouching there with you on the red dirt, so it is probably better this way...

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! A great hunt and a great story!

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Dear Judge

Before your leaving I wrote you a message. First I was glad you gave me the address of SEARCY, very nice doubles, Secondly I wanted to wish Youa hard and deceiving quest so that the very last day be a wonderful apotheosis, the Searcy coughing only once for a nice and hard get bull in the bag. I gave up sending this message when I learnt you aimed to tackle tigerfishs as well as soon as your ele will be in the salt.
Congratulations for your success you deserve and for your outstanding vivid reports. One seems to be on your side and feeling every seconds of action. Every time I am reading you, I have to restart my heart, change my shirt and take a shower.
You are a fantastic raconteur.
My advice : send your reports to SAFARI PRESS, you�ll be paid to safari all year long and write stunning hunting books.
Congratulations.

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Judge, you definitly need to compile your notes into book form. What a great read this was. I hope you have a photo of your well earned bull to share.

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Judge,

Any and all who have been lucky to hunt ele know the rush of up close hunting..Congrats and see you soon

Mike

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful Story!! Hope to see you in Dallas.

Mike

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post

What a hunt!!!! I think I forgot to breath during the last minutes!!! just wowwwwwww!!
I was seriously wounded with your first two post, but know I'm stone dead, this last one hit me deep in my heart!!! what a story!!!! what a hunt!!!
Tonight, I promise, I will drink a whisky in your name..

LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Nothing like sticking a sock in the fat ladies mouth.
Awesome!

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your story(s) were simply awesome Judge and thank you much for sharing, it is truly a wonderful thing to share with the rest of us!

Thank you.

Posts: 134 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Judge,
A well-deserved and hearty congratulations! Elephant hunting has to be the pinnacle of the hunting experience IMO. Nothing can take you higher or leave you lower! A 10km walk that culminates with a "too small too shoot on the 5th day" bull can take the wind out of your sails and then you come across fresh tracks on the way back to the truck and you are walking on clouds again! Any bull elephant fairly hunted, stalked and shot is a "trophy"! I resemble that remark having taken my bull on the last day of my hunt also! He wasn't a 100 pounder either, he wasn't half that...but too me he was the greatest game animal I have ever had the opportunity to hunt! Congratulations again and my condolences....if you are like me you are counting pennies to see if you can hunt elephant again....soon!

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on completing a life long dream.

BigBullet

Posts: 1224 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG:

Thanks again for sharing your adventure. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time....Now you have me thinking about going Elephant hunting...something I told myself I would never do...How does it compare to chasing Buffalo??...

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Judge!

Now, all you have to do is go back and do it again!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG,

Great chronicle of your hunt. I enjoyed the whole trilogy very much. I think there is way too much emphasis on the size of the trophy as determining the success of the hunt.

Your elephant obviously is a great trophy regardless of size of ivory. The experience of just being on safari and to have had the opportunity to hunt hard is really what safari is about.

Congratulations on a great safari.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Great hunt JudgeG. Your future safaris would be easily paid for by your publishing a book. Well done.

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It's late, and since I don't have a wife anymore and I have an invitation to a great southwest Georgai quail plantation tomorrow... and even a private jet to take me there... I don't give a flip... I'm going to sleep and dream of horse-drawn wagons, pointing dogs and wild birds falling to my new side-lock double.

Judge,

Great story!

I know you've been through a lot the last couple years, so I hope you don't take this the wrong way:

You can have MY WIFE, if you want to trade places!

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge,

OUTSTANDING!!!! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Sincerely,
-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG,

Congratulations and we'll look forward to seeing the pictures here soon!

Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done Ernst. Thanks for sharing the story. Have a great time knocking down those little rockets tomorrow.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote