THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Buffalo/Sable hunt references on PH and area

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo/Sable hunt references on PH and area
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Some of you know that I have been looking at a Sable hunt and have gotten several ... interesting quotes. One that caught my attention was a Buf/Sable combo. The info I got was as follows:
The hunting areas will be Naivasha safari area,Sengwe 1 and 2 safari
areas,Malapati safari area.

PH will be Simon Dzingai and Juan and Leo von Reiche.
So my question is, does anyone know the PH's or area? Good or bad information. References are coming and I will check them also. Anything that you know would be helpful. Just starting research to see if this is a hunt that I want to do. Thanks for any help. Bruce

Posts: 376 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sengwe 2 and Malapati are held by Nixon Dzingai/SSG. Simon is Nixon's son.

You may want to call (303-932-0550), PM or email Aaron Neilson (globalhunts@aol.com)

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think that there are many sable there. Great buffalo for sure though.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I hunted there last May for leopard and a sable for my wife. Nixon was very upfront that the sable would be a bonus, but the price was right for the leopard. I believe he only gets one sable on quota. After 14 days, we never saw a sable. The week after we left, another hunter wounded and lost a sable.

Great bufflo area but wouldn't be a great choice if sable were at the top of your list.

I've hunted with Simon twice. Great guy.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Good area and operator, but not where you want to go for a "sable hunt".

I believe that Scott is right as far as Nixon only having one sable on quota.

Buffalo, now that's another story.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Good area and operator, but not where you want to go for a "sable hunt".

I believe that Scott is right as far as Nixon only having one sable on quota.

Buffalo, now that's another story.

I know these areas well and Will is spot on.

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gillettehunter:
Some of you know that I have been looking at a Sable hunt and have gotten several ... interesting quotes. One that caught my attention was a Buf/Sable combo. The info I got was as follows:

So my question is, does anyone know the PH's or area? Good or bad information. References are coming and I will check them also. Anything that you know would be helpful. Just starting research to see if this is a hunt that I want to do. Thanks for any help. Bruce

Gilette - I book alot of hunts to Nixon's area, and I've hunted there several times myself.

Buffalo great, sable - not so much! Please PM me, and tell me who's telling you to go there for a Buff/Sable hunt??

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who offered you that hunt?
I know Leo and have hunted with him, PM me if you need more infos.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2091 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
Originally posted by Gillettehunter:

Gilette - I book alot of hunts to Nixon's area, and I've hunted there several times myself.

Buffalo great, sable - not so much! Please PM me, and tell me who's telling you to go there for a Buff/Sable hunt??

Aaron, is Nixon conducting hunts in Naivasha, do you know? Last I knew, Lloyd Yeatmann was the outfitter there?

Cheers
Brent

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
The week after we left, another hunter wounded and lost a sable.

That guy is a jackass. Whistling

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted both Malapati & Naivasha some years ago. Lots of buff. Very few sable.

It is my understanding that Nixon has both currently.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Story is the same as everyone else. Great buffalo hunting.

I saw two female sable there in 10 days of hunting.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THANKYOU all. I think that my question has been answered very well. I really do appreciate the replies. Bruce

Posts: 376 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sengwe 1--thats strange, Nixon sure wasn't hunting there this last fall--

In fact its my understanding that the concession is being sold--

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great area for Buff. I have spent 22 days there. I love Nixon's area. He does not have Senge I. He used to be partnered with Yeatman and Simon knows that area well. I have never seen a Sable with SSG, you might consider Nyala, Nixon has some very good ones.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Talk to Buzz or Myles about Dande East. Sable are making come back there and buffalo are good too. Rick Capozza shot both a nice buffalo and nice sable on his hunt in Dande East last summer.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys - Nixon does have the quota now for Sengwe I. This is something new for 2013.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Lozano:
Story is the same as everyone else. Great buffalo hunting.

I saw two female buffalo there in 10 days of hunting.

Hi Chris which area was that since there have been some incredible buff hunts there. Does it mean the buff are hunted only when they come in from the parks and that there are no resident buff.

The only reason I ask this is that I have a client asking me to possibly try and book an ele bull buff hunt and wants all the info on the hunt. By all accounts Nixon had an amazing season last year and deserved PH of the year! However he does not want to shoot ele at night but wants a chance at a big ele and a good buff?

MandlaZim- Lloyd is still hunting Niavasha. From what I hear this year he has shot a 92lbs and a 60lbs with bow!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
I hunted Naivasha with Lloyd a few years back. I would highly recommend Lloyd to anyone.

Lloyd had two sable on quota back then. We tracked a herd for on morning as sideline - we were looking for Jumbo that day. I believe lloyd said he had 4 or 5 shooter sable in he is area...

Best

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys - Below is the email directly from Nixon.

Aaron,

We don’t hunt Navasha, if Simon is trying to sell Sable hunt for Lloyd. This has nothing to do with SSG Safaris my areas are Gonakudzingwa, Malipati communal , Malipati Safari area, Sengwe1 and Sengwe11.

Thanks

Nixon

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Posted by Aaron (Guys - Nixon does have the quota now for Sengwe I. This is something new for 2013.)

That is good news. It is a logical move both for Parks and Nixon.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote