THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Someone please sort this pillock out for me please

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone please sort this pillock out for me please
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
I can't comment or even write to the editor from here but if anyone out there can, please do.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tra...fricas-wildlife.html

One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Is this your way of keeping your client's blood pressure up in the off season? Big Grin

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did post a comment. I was even polite, merely suggesting that the countries who support sport hunting provide the cash influx that is the lifeblood of those countries, and most of the fresh meat that villagers depend on.

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are studies that support the notion that sport hunting and hunting camps leave a much smaller ecological foot print than the camera weilders.

Think about it.

Still and all this is a protectionist stance.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
as soon as the author said the bull elephant weighed 2 tons, i knew i was in for a load of Disney bullshit.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
To think that starry-eyed little bunny huggers all over the world believe this horse wallop. bsflag middlefinger

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there is any truth in any of these quotes....
quote:
One conservationist in east Africa told of an official arriving at the conservancy he manages with a black briefcase which, when opened, revealed $200,000 in crisp notes.

“This was what he was offering me to allow some Middle Eastern clients to come big game hunting in this proscribed park,” he told me. “I told him to get off the conservancy immediately.”

Roll Eyes

quote:
Bell and the Jouberts are taking their anti-hunting message into the heartland of big game safaris: Tanzania. Trophy fees there have remained the same since the mid-Eighties, making Tanzania the international hunter’s bargain basement. Though there are no statistics available on the number of animals shot annually, it is estimated that Tanzania generates $13 million from what is coyly termed “wildlife utilisation”, which includes hunting and live animal capture. In South Africa, which does keep statistics, more than 54,000 animals of all species were hunted in 2006, earning the country more than $250 million in trophy fees. Big business, indeed.

"Bargain basement".... I have heard the prices in Tanzania called many things, but bargain basement wasn't one of them!

quote:
“We are buying the hunting licences in the Selous Game Reserve and tearing them up,” says Joubert with glee. “Our total bill will be close to $90,000 this year. We are saying that we are going to own these animals for the year.”

I wonder how many of Mr. Joubert's clients believe this tripe. I would love the chance to ask to see the receipts.

The sad truth is that these idealistic bunny huggers actually do believe this because they want to believe their photo safari fees are saving Africa's wildlife.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote