Dry Riverbed in Dande

Setting up for Lunch in Dande

Small Valley in Dande

Ignore Chubby and Look at the View - Dande

Valley Tattoos

Fire Pit View - Lemco

Heart Shot Giraffe

Juvenile Pangolin

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures again!

Great shot placement on the giraffe.

Thanks.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Hey Terry, my wife and I are really enjoying your pics. We both had a good laugh at your "valley tatoos" as I took a similar photo of my legs. They were a mess! incidentally, AKA who posts here, was kind enough to phone me, yes PHONE ME from Malangani today. He was on cloud nine, having taken a 40" buff in Dande 2 days ago. He took a zebra this morning and tonight they were refreshing a leopard bait. Man, life just doesn't get any better! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

That tattoo picture was taken on Day 3, it got much worse.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Great pictures as usual! That pangolin is WAY COOL!

~Ann

Posts: 19552 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Great pictures Terry. These misc pictures are the memories that fill the mind when the hunting is completed. Though I am sure your a very nice fellow, I would keep those legs covered Big Grin

BigBullet

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1224 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Terry,

You look slim and trim and have lovely legs for an old guy. Big Grin

Congratulations on a great hunt. It is amazing how lucky a well prepared hunter can be. Great buff and fantastic photos. I bet locating the old mortar rounds was "interesting". Too bad you couldn't re-deliver them to Uncle Bob. Thank you for sharing your trip.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
What is a Pangolin?

Never mind - I looked it up - never actually seen one.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great photos, Terry. Makes me very anxious to get back to Africa!!!!

D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry!

Nice pics especially since they bring back fond memories of my hunt there in 1990. Are there still huge herds of buff there? Did you go to a high cliff that over looks the river with a water hole under the cliff? Saw rhino, a huge bull ele and wild dogs from there. Killed my bull buff across the dry river from that water hole.

CHEERS!
465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any reason you can't wear briar proof upland pants in Africa? Mine work great for bird hunting, haven't been scratched up since I started using them. Or does it brand you a wuss if you wear something like that?

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the Tattoos-I noticed that with practice you will almost get none after awhile. My first couple hunts I was hamburger now after a couple days I get almost zero scratches, I dont wear anything for protection either. I'm in the mood to go practice walking in the bush a little more.

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Neat pic of the pangolin. I saw one as we were putting a stalk on a herd of buff, it was not the right time to ask questions & I forgot till too late to ask what that critter was... now I know.

Mike

"Too lazy to work and too nervous to steal"

Posts: 201 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote