THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Trump Hunt Trophy Fees ATTN ZIM Folks!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Hunt Trophy Fees ATTN ZIM Folks!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anybody do a quick rundown of what the trophy fees probably were for that hunt the Trumps were on? I am working on an article with some folks on this and want to discuss what goes into the local economy. Also I am not as familiar with Zim as I am with other places what % of trophy fees got to gov't and what to the local community if anything?

In Namibia on public concessions a good % goes to the local community. What about Zim?

Todd

==============
Todd J. Rathner
The T. Jeffrey Safari Company
www.tjsafari.com
520-404-8096

Please visit our BLOG: http://www.tjsafari.com/blog.cfm

Posts: 341 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

I'd suggest that you speak directly to the safari company that booked the Trump boys. Who knows what kind of a deal they may have with the locals.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Given the viral publicity already dedicated to the Trump's safari, it's not fair for anyone or any blogger to speculate about this. Todd, if you're going to write about this, my recommendation is to try to contact the outfitter directly. Obviously, it's not in the interests of the Trumps to discuss this. As hunters let's try to be fair and accurate, given the negativity about this that's already been put out there.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd- I sniped this from another recent post on the Outfitters forum.

Go get 'em.

Is this something the NRA is working on or are you doing it yourself?

The NRA "should" be answereing this AND the Barnes solid issue!

This is for the Selous in Tanz.

Trophy Fees
Baboon 170
Buffalo (1st) 2500
Buffalo (2nd) 2600
Buffalo (3rd) 2800
Bushbuck, Masai 700
Bushpig 500
Civet Cat 300
Crocodile 2100
Duiker, Common & Red 350
Eland, East African 2200
Elephant 8500*
Hartebeest Liechtenstein 750
Hippopotamus 2000
Hyena, Spotted 600
Impala, Southern 490
Jackal Silver Back 300
Kudu Greater 2800
Leopard 4500
Lion 6500
Oribi 350
Reedbuck 550
Sable 3100
Suni 300
Warthog 550
Waterbuck 1200
Wildebeest Nyasa 800
Zebra 1500
* Elephants of 15 Kgs - 27Kgs (60lbs) $ 8500.00; Elephants 27Kgs to 32 Kgs (70lbs) $ 13,500 and Elephants over 32 Kgs $ 22,000.00

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but some zim areas work on a % of the total hunt costs eg 40% of combined daily rate AND trophy fees going to council is not uncommon.

In parks areas the situation is even more difficult to calculate
the operator pays a fee at a public auction (provided he isn't a 'political')
then he pays US$100,000 per year 'lease fee'
then he pays parks the trophy fee.

His lease fee and auction fee have to come out of the daily rate.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah this is for the NRA and we are defending their position because truthfully NRA is the only organization with the reach to do it. I specifically want to give a comparison price and not an actual price for various reasons which I do not want to post publicly. I think a comparison is sufficient.

It is critical to support them as much as possible because unlike many other celebrities they refused to apologize for loving the sport we share. What is lost in all of this is that someone could hunt Africa (as we all know) for very little money or LOTS of money.

The Trumps did NOTHING wrong and are toughing this out but I worry that they make a "rich" (hee) target!

TR

==============
Todd J. Rathner
www.tjsafari.com
520-404-8096

Posts: 341 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the NRA article on this topic. My guess is more will follow. Please get this out to your lists so folks will see how the Trumps are standing up to these attacks. It would be very easy for them to go on an apology tour or donate to PETA to make this go away they instead have chosen to fight!

http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/Article.aspx?id=6266

==============
Todd J. Rathner
www.tjsafari.com
520-404-8096

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Todd,

Nice reply. Well done!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the article and applaud both Eric and Don Jr for standing up and not bowing to the anti crowd. Especially when the vast majority of their social circle is, I would bet my last Zim dollar, decidedly anti hunting \ gun. Proud of them both !

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice article Todd, and a well done to Mr. Robbins who wrote it. Very well done. Two thumbs up for the Trump boys. They said exactly what people in position to make their voices heard, should say. If I had a safari company, I would offer them another safari hunt right now. Come today! Bring the Donald this time!

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nothing on that list that evidences any Cites animals that are not allowed to be taken for later export into the United States.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your information is bad

Marcus

On Mar 16, 2012, at 7:31 PM, "Patricio Gaudiano" <pg@bluebirdmexico.com> wrote:

Re: Trump africa hunt Sir

In your response, you state “We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. “

If you would do some research, you would understand that none of the species hunted by the trumps are endangered, they were all sport hunted fully within the law as established by CITIES.

I will not buy any more products from your company and will encourage all my friends to do the same untill such a time as you issue a retraction on the possition addopted by you and your company

Regards

Patricio Gaudiano

El 3/16/12 5:25 PM, "Marcus Lemonis" <MLemonis@campingworld.com> escribió:

This is how I actually feel
To clarify our position, Camping World as America’s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Marcus

On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:56 PM, "Patricio Gaudiano" <pg@bluebirdmexico.com> wrote:

Trump africa hunt Mr. Lemonis,

I'm writing to you as a result of learning that Camping World has pulled their advertising on the television show 'The Apprentice' in response to news articles published about an African hunting safari that Mr. Trump's two sons made in Zimbabwe. I was disappointed, and as an avid outdoorsman, am very surprised to read about your companies short sighted and ill reasoned reaction to the news regarding the Trump men and their hunting safari.

Whether your realize it or not, regulated 'sport' hunting, whether in North America, Africa or anywhere else on this planet, is a key concept toward the long term conservation and sustainability of wild animals, both 'game' animals and all 'non-game' animals and other creatures who share their habitat. Contrary to your comments about endangered species, they are not hunted. The Trumps did shoot elephants and leopards on their safari and despite your mistaken impression that either of these may be endangered, they in fact are quite abundant and have healthy populations across many African countries. In fact, the leopard may be the most widely distributed mammal on the entire African continent. The elephant population in many African countries is healthy with strong populations, especially in Zimbabwe; and without regulated hunting AND culling, elephants would outstrip their habitat to the detriment of all wildlife.

It is easy and requires no mental exercise to believe the rhetoric of the animal rights/anti hunting businesses that thrive on creating controversy about hunting. It is an inescapable fact that much of the information they espouse is inaccurate and oftentimes, outright lies. You, sir, have fallen for their misrepresentations and have made an ill-conceived decision to abandon one of your main customer segments, namely hunters and fishermen, in the name of political correctness. The fact that you've chosen to do this without gaining a proper understanding of African wildlife management concepts indicates your decision will have far reaching impacts to your company that does a great disservice to your shareholders.

Mr. Lemonis, I call on you to publicly support regulated sport hunting wherever it occurs in the world, and to come out with a statement that retracts your ill advised and inaccurate comments about endangered species. You are flat out wrong about any of the species the Trumps hunted being endangered and you owe it to yourself and your shareholders to become better educated and representative of them, and your customers. Absent that, I will join a growing movement of your largest customer constituency, outdoorsmen, who will boycott your company from this point forward, and will work to ensure that nobody whom I know ever spends another dollar at your stores. Additionally, I'll seek out the contact information for the members of your Board of Directors to advise them of this movement and how you've damaged your company by a public stance that is based on false information.

While I doubt that you'll have any interest in responding to this email message, I'll gladly respond to any comments or questions you may have about hunting or wildlife management.

Sincerely,

Patricio Gaudiano
Grupo MANACAR
OFF 1087-0410
OFF FROM USA 011-52-55-1087-0410
CEL 044 55 4181 3330
CEL FROM USA 011 521 55 4181 3330
USA CEL 210 860 2245

<image.png> <image.png>

NOTE: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you
(i) not read, use or disseminate the information, (ii) advise the sender
immediately by reply email and (iii) delete this message and any
attachments without retaining a copy. Although this email and any
attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that
may affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it
is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free
and no responsibility is accepted by FreedomRoads, LLC or any of its
affiliates for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Patricio Gaudiano
Grupo MANACAR
OFF 1087-0410
CEL 044 55 4181 3330
USA CEL 210 860 2245

<image.png> <image.png>

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PATRICIO GAUDIANOGRUPO MANACAR
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 15:10:22 +0000
To: Marcus Lemonis<MLemonis@campingworld.com>
ReplyTo: pg@bluebirdmexico.com
Subject: Re: Trump africa hunt
This is an example of what we hunters spend......Please tell me you are not sad to see us leave as customers...By the way mr trump jr bought 3 of these after i introduced my gunsmith to him ....

Patricio(Sic)Dear Patricio, We hope that you have enjoyed your Superbowl-weekend in Vegas together with your friends! As promised we are hereby sending you an overview of the details and cost of your .375 H bolt action rifle  Hartmann Weiss bolt action rifle build on a double square bridge magnum action.    € 20.650,-Caliber of choice .375 H.                                                                                                                    3-position safety Erik
PATRICIO GAUDIANOGRUPO MANACAR
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 23:56:22 +0000
To: Patricio Gaudiano<pg@bluebirdmexico.com>
Subject: Re: Trump africa hunt
Your information is mad

Marcus

On Mar 16, 2012, at 7:31 PM, "Patricio Gaudiano" <pg@bluebirdmexico.com> wrote:

Re: Trump africa hunt Sir

In your response, you state “We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. “

If you would do some research, you would understand that none of the species hunted by the trumps are endangered, they were all sport hunted fully within the law as established by CITIES.

I will not buy any more products from your company and will encourage all my friends to do the same untill such a time as you issue a retraction on the possition addopted by you and your company

Regards

Patricio Gaudiano

El 3/16/12 5:25 PM, "Marcus Lemonis" <MLemonis@campingworld.com> escribió:

This is how I actually feel
To clarify our position, Camping World as America’s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Marcus

On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:56 PM, "Patricio Gaudiano" <pg@bluebirdmexico.com> wrote:

Trump africa hunt Mr. Lemonis,

I'm writing to you as a result of learning that Camping World has pulled their advertising on the television show 'The Apprentice' in response to news articles published about an African hunting safari that Mr. Trump's two sons made in Zimbabwe. I was disappointed, and as an avid outdoorsman, am very surprised to read about your companies short sighted and ill reasoned reaction to the news regarding the Trump men and their hunting safari.

Whether your realize it or not, regulated 'sport' hunting, whether in North America, Africa or anywhere else on this planet, is a key concept toward the long term conservation and sustainability of wild animals, both 'game' animals and all 'non-game' animals and other creatures who share their habitat. Contrary to your comments about endangered species, they are not hunted. The Trumps did shoot elephants and leopards on their safari and despite your mistaken impression that either of these may be endangered, they in fact are quite abundant and have healthy populations across many African countries. In fact, the leopard may be the most widely distributed mammal on the entire African continent. The elephant population in many African countries is healthy with strong populations, especially in Zimbabwe; and without regulated hunting AND culling, elephants would outstrip their habitat to the detriment of all wildlife.

It is easy and requires no mental exercise to believe the rhetoric of the animal rights/anti hunting businesses that thrive on creating controversy about hunting. It is an inescapable fact that much of the information they espouse is inaccurate and oftentimes, outright lies. You, sir, have fallen for their misrepresentations and have made an ill-conceived decision to abandon one of your main customer segments, namely hunters and fishermen, in the name of political correctness. The fact that you've chosen to do this without gaining a proper understanding of African wildlife management concepts indicates your decision will have far reaching impacts to your company that does a great disservice to your shareholders.

Mr. Lemonis, I call on you to publicly support regulated sport hunting wherever it occurs in the world, and to come out with a statement that retracts your ill advised and inaccurate comments about endangered species. You are flat out wrong about any of the species the Trumps hunted being endangered and you owe it to yourself and your shareholders to become better educated and representative of them, and your customers. Absent that, I will join a growing movement of your largest customer constituency, outdoorsmen, who will boycott your company from this point forward, and will work to ensure that nobody whom I know ever spends another dollar at your stores. Additionally, I'll seek out the contact information for the members of your Board of Directors to advise them of this movement and how you've damaged your company by a public stance that is based on false information.

While I doubt that you'll have any interest in responding to this email message, I'll gladly respond to any comments or questions you may have about hunting or wildlife management.

Sincerely,

Patricio Gaudiano
Grupo MANACAR
OFF 1087-0410
CEL 044 55 4181 3330
USA CEL 210 860 2245

<image.png> <image.png>

Patricio Gaudiano
Grupo MANACAR
OFF 1087-0410
CEL 044 55 4181 3330
USA CEL 210 860 2245

<image.png> <image.png>

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted Hide Post
Lash back on the outfitter

Who could Trump such language?

http://www.iol.co.za/news/spec...h-language-1.1260459

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote