THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone Has Any Information On A South Africa PH Gerrie Du Preez?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Has Any Information On A South Africa PH Gerrie Du Preez?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Any information regarding Gerrie Du Preez would be welcome.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Others have also been looking for this person for over 1.5 years. Seems like phone and email address are not working.

from what i have found other sources indicate that you should contact the South Africa Professional Hunters Assoc. to see if they have any information.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I received the following message from someone who has apparently been scammed by this individual.

Hi,

I'd just like to inform you and your memberd of a bogus South African PH by the name of Gerrie Du
Preez. His address was in Gauteng, Pretoria - at the time he scammed me - but he is known to have
since moved into the Limpopo area.

Back in 2011 he disappeared after I paid US$13 500.00 and destroyed the dream of a safari for my
young son and I. He disappeared during the period when I unfortunately suffered injuries at work (2
months before my safari began) and was recovering. As a psychiatric nurse I was concussed and
blinded in a homocidal attack by a patient. I had to fight by sound and feel alone to save the life
of my fellow nurse who was also severely injured in the same attack as me. Informing Gerrie Du Preez
of my situation, he agreed to defer my safari but has instead simply disappeared.

Since 2012 I've notified PHASA (who've done nothing), the South African Police Service (who despite
having Du Preez's Firearms Licence address, have done nothing), Interpol, the heirarchy at SCI, the
various Consulates and even the Office of the President of South Africa (who've also done nothing).
I've sent a Witness Statement (internationally attested under The Hague Convention) to the SAPS with
supporting documentation but they have done nothing to aprehend, or stop Du Preez scamming others! A
Zimbabwean PH and his client have also confirmed by email that they were scammed out of US$4000.00
by Gerrie Du Preez as well.

If you can put out a notice to your members, or if your members know the whereabouts of Gerrie Du
Preez, I'd be very grateful for any information. Thankyou.

Regards,
Tim M'Intyre

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad situation.

AR doing what it does best - exposing scam artist, dishonest people and other unethical characters in the hunting business.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I find it very sad that non of the authorities who were contacted did anything to help.

This send a fantastic message to future hunters.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It's a sad truth about the new rainbow nation that was once run so efficiently but in reality:

PHASA probably aren't very interested because they have no legal powers and the guy probably isn't a member anyway.

SAPS can't or more likely don't want to even get farm murders under control and even murder dockets can be bought and sold for a few hundred dollars. So not action can be expected from them.

The game dept are only there to enforce game laws and couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

Probably the best course of action would be to have a private investigator track him down and bring a private prosecution but that won't be easy, fast or cheap.

Karibu Afrika! Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys A simple Google search shows he advertise on the PHASA website, I will contact them and asked about it.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INTREPID SAFARIS:
Guys A simple Google search shows he advertise on the PHASA website, I will contact them and asked about it.

Thank you very much for your help.

We need to weed out this sort of behavior.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Sounds like it is time to take up the lance, mount Rocinante and make a run at this organization too. If SCI is worthless in your view, PHASA has got to be a close second.

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Sounds like it is time to take up the lance mount Rocinante and make a run at this organization too. If SCI is worthless in your view, PHASA has got to be a close second.

Mike,

I am not sure I understand you.

Are you insinuating that we should encourage crooks to steal money from our fellow hunters?

How would you feel if this was YOU who got cheated?

There is no single hunting organization that even come close to how convoluted SCI has been run.

Just imagine, what sort of deranged brain comes up with an idea to start a for-profit booking agency to compete directly with its own members who have been financing it for years?

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Oh I see, so you are okay with this fellow you have declared to be a crook advertising on the PHASA website. Makes perfect sense.

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
perhaps it is time to issue a trophy fee on his hide as well as some others like him

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
perhaps it is time to issue a trophy fee on his hide as well as some others like him

I thought that's what Steve meant by the phrase "private prosecution". Otherwise known in the states as "I know a guy...".

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Actually, I meant a private prosecution as in taking him to court........

One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted Hide Post
This is the reply I got from PHASA on this matter.

Thank you for bringing the posts on Accurate Reloading under my attention.

Gerrie Du Preez is not a member of PHASA and we do not have any details of Mr Du Preez.
When receiving the initial information from the complainant in 2012, PHASA attempted to locate Mr Du Preez in order to see if we can be of some assistance, but we unfortunately were not successful in our attempts. PHASA could therefore unfortunately not take the matter further, but provided the person with contact details of officials in the Department of Environmental Affairs.

The person of Trail Busters, whose first name is also Gerrie but with a different surname, used to be a PHASA member in good standing, but did not renew his membership last year. According to our records and based on discussions with the owner of Trail Busters, he has no connection with Mr Du Preez at all.
The advertisement for Trail Busters was taken off the PHASA website when the person did not renew his membership. However, it seems that when PHASA’s website was upgraded last year, that some of the “older” adverts re-appeared, including the advert for Trail Busters. It has now been removed from the PHASA website, purely because the person is not a paid-up PHASA member.

Regards

Ms Adri Kitshoff
Chief Executive Officer: PHASA (Professional Hunters' Association of South Africa)

anybody who wants further information can contact us on info@phasa.co.za or 012-667-2048

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boerbokrib:
This is the reply I got from PHASA on this matter.

Thank you for bringing the posts on Accurate Reloading under my attention.

Gerrie Du Preez is not a member of PHASA and we do not have any details of Mr Du Preez.
When receiving the initial information from the complainant in 2012, PHASA attempted to locate Mr Du Preez in order to see if we can be of some assistance, but we unfortunately were not successful in our attempts. PHASA could therefore unfortunately not take the matter further, but provided the person with contact details of officials in the Department of Environmental Affairs.

The person of Trail Busters, whose first name is also Gerrie but with a different surname, used to be a PHASA member in good standing, but did not renew his membership last year. According to our records and based on discussions with the owner of Trail Busters, he has no connection with Mr Du Preez at all.
The advertisement for Trail Busters was taken off the PHASA website when the person did not renew his membership. However, it seems that when PHASA’s website was upgraded last year, that some of the “older” adverts re-appeared, including the advert for Trail Busters. It has now been removed from the PHASA website, purely because the person is not a paid-up PHASA member.

Regards

Ms Adri Kitshoff
Chief Executive Officer: PHASA (Professional Hunters' Association of South Africa)

anybody who wants further information can contact us on info@phasa.co.za or 012-667-2048

Thank you very for contacting PHASA.