THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Calling All Women: Women's Long, Cotton Safari Pants

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling All Women: Women's Long, Cotton Safari Pants
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted
My wife cannot find any long, durable, olive drab, cotton pants suitable for safari wear.

Capri pants, yes. Shorts, yes. Long, comfortable, cotton (not nylon, etc.) pants, cut and fit for a woman, no.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure what she is looking for but I found olive on both Cabella's under Safari Clothing (men's of course) and under Boyt (Safari Pants) ...the Bob Allen section.
they start at waist size 32" to 48"
Best I can do you today.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Second thought...wife found some nice ladies pants at Williamson Dickey (Dickies work clothes)
She is taking them back to Namibia and RSA in Sept.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MR,

Try http://www.tagsafari.com and http://www.shesafari.com Sadie is quite paricular about these things so your wife may be pleasantly suprised.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Definitely the SHE Safari. We carry their line now to supplement our womens clothing. I don't have the pictures up on our website yet, but she can go directly to the SHE Safari website. Pam will be most helpful! Great people!

Melody Rutkowski
http://www.long-grass.com

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dang, I was hoping this thread had to do with how to arrange to get them off! Oh well....

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you will find what sizes she needs to be the very first issue. If she is small or petite, forget any of the mainstream dealers. My three favorite pair right now are not what I am really looking for, but they are workable - Beretta (from the gallery); Banana Republic; Royal Robbin. All were accidents and none of them in khaki.

Of course, I should get onto Melody for not letting me know the pants/shorts were ready. The only shirts I wear are Long Grass and I love them - I've been waiting for her to clothe the lower half of my body for more than a year!! Just kidding. Long Grass is grade A and since I am close to SHE Safari also, I'll be checking them out.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shannon, I didn't forget to let you know. I just got the first shipment of shirts but the pants haven't shipped yet. Smiler This is a brand new company. The shirts I just got from SHE are the first ones off the machines.
Melody

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Hey, thanks everyone, for the information and leads.

Also for the PMs.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I'd appreciate any info also. My wife's 5'11" and she has a very hard time finding women's "talls" in anything let alone safari clothing. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell her to call me, 210-697-3373
Melody
http://www.long-grass.com

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
MR,
Check these out: http://www.strategosstore.com/product-511.asp?0=1035&1=1045&3=5805&4=1048

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
mike, jorge

If it can help

serious and tough + french touch

aigle (eagle)

Good luck

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Jean, et, al: The problem she has is that she is almost 6'(183 cm) tall so she needs a 34" (86cm)inseam for the pants and longer shirt tail and sleeves for the shirts. So far, no luck unless she buys men's stuff and she won't do that! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of observer
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

maybe your wife can try "Old Khaki" cloths, which can be found in South Africa (for example at Jo-burg airport).
Their women´s pants are durable, very comfortable to wear and kind of long. (I´m "only" 1,77cm tall and the pants are fitting nicely)

Regards
nina

Posts: 5 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gee thinks folks! Guess ouma will be going on a shopping spree when I show her this... I know what you're thinking but she'd kill me if she found out I had this information and didn't share it with her! Roll Eyes

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote