Notify
Tools

Email from CZ on 505 Gibbs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just received this email from CZ on the 505....Mike

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in firearms produced by our company. Yes, the CZ 550 rifle in cal. 505 Gibbs will be coming to Australia through Winchester Australia, but it is important to say that it will not be earlier than at the middle of 2005.

Yours faithfully,

Milan Kubele
Marketing

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to find out how many folks that say they will buy one actually buy one!

You have to give credit to CZ for having the guts to try it.

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd would think they would sell more rifles in 404 cal.

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The .404 would compete with the .416, and the .404 does not require a large action like the cz550, so there is no reason for CZ to offer it. But the .505 will allow CZ to stand out among the mainstream firearms companies and will get them LOTS of media attention. Even if the sales of the .505 are not astounding, the media attention will attract attention to their other products and pull sales up generally.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
The XO cuncurs
I can not wait
I need one so bad

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shortly after they come out there will be a lot of them on the used gun market that have been shot damn little, then I will pick one up...

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If there reasonably priced I will definitely buy one and hopefully two.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I like that approach, Ray, cheap soul that I am. Whadyathink they'll bring, used?

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
If the recoil doesn't put a lot on the used market, the cost of factory ammo will.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Hmmm?

Well-used and cheap. I hope you don't apply the same to women.

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I betcha they will sell at least as well as the Rigby model. Most folks aren't buying these 'cause they need them. If they're set up from the factory to feed well (do we know how many rounds in the mag?) then I can see alot of masochistic big-bore lovers linging up. Especially if they stay in the $600-650 range.
I'd love one myself. If you're going to get beat up over some holes in paper, might as well go whole hog, eh?

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote