New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Sable hunt????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I shot a really fine sable last Nov with Peter Johnstone about 70 kms outside Bulawayo; happy to email pix if interested as can't (as in unable owing to computer illiteracy) post the things here! He had then some seriously tempting waterbuck, but after 2 weeks of great hunting it was just too greedy. PH is Wayne van den Bergh. Set-up comfortable and well organised. I am hunting with PJ/Wayne this Nov in Chawore, so I might be called a satisfied customer from last year. Let me know if you would like contact details. Can't recall trophy fee but it wasn't horrible. Prices quoted here seem about right for Zim. He hunts over about 100,000 acres at his Bulawayo setup.
Regards
Robert

Posts: 94 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What countries would you recommend for a budget minded sable hunt? What would it cost me? I'm also interested in Waterbuck, is a Sable/Waterbuck safari doable?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey DB Bill/Bill George!
You aremy kind of hunter!! Wanna buy a sable hunt!?!
BB

Posts: 133 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
There were good sable at Chaminuka Ranch in Zambia when I hunted there this past May. Mine was 38" but several over 40" have been spotted. The full cost with five days minimum daily rate, trophy fee, and all other fees, was around $7500, as I recall.

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote