New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaskans Zim 2001 list
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
Anyone in the state thats interested, post here, and once I get it, it'll make the rounds.

I also have a complete collection of Zim 96-2000, and SA 2000, though they've been tentatively spoken for a little while, though it's somebody in town, so shouldn't be that hard to get back.

Didn't realize rules had been established, but might as well be consistent with the folks down south, and our neighbors to the East that say Eh? and like 12 year old malt whiskey.

Hmmm, after reviewing all the rules, it seems a bit complicated, and I don't want to spend all my time tracking folks down. I managed to send all the other tapes around the state w/o mishap before, though some folks weren't the most timely in forwarding them on, so will trust the same will happen with this tape. The only thing I ask is, please be timely in viewing the tape and forwarding it on. I know everyone is busy, but please try to turn the tape around within a week of recieving it.

You are free to make copies, and if anybody in the Anchorage area would like to volunteer to make a few copies, to speed things up, lemme know. Might be nice to have one tape to send around South East, another one for coast, and one around anchortown.

Its first come first served based on who replies here.

[This message has been edited by Paul H (edited 11-09-2001).]

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
...our neighbors to the East that say Eh? and like 12 year old malt whiskey.

Mmmm, very true.

Cheers, eh!
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Finley
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I would like to be put on the list to view the tape. I will send you an email with my name and address. I live out in the valley so I could always pick it up from someone when it is in Anchorage. Whatever works best. Thanks.

Jarrett

Posts: 223 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Jarett, well you're #1 on the list, so as soon as I get the tape, its yours.

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I figure I'd kick this back up to see if anyone else is interested. So far I have Finley's post, and recieved an e-mail. I know there are a few other posters from the state, come on, don't be shy.

<Don G>
posted
Paul,

The tapes should start your direction on Saturday. Sorry for the delay.

Don

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Don,

No problem, and no rush. The range closes for the month of Dec :-( so watching the videos should be a good break. I haven't been small game hunting this winter, somehow since our daughter started school, and we have the after school activities for her and her brother, weekends have been for revovery.

Maybe I should start planning my spring black bear hunt now, so I'll finally go on one!

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Yo Paul! Incoming!!

I sent you an email. Basically I am in flux. Finals over on 12/19 and I'm on to Los Anchoros to meet my wonderful wife (who I haven't seen in four months) for spending spree until Sat. 12/22 when we catch the Big Bird back to Bethel.
The rest of the story is in email I sent you. Lemme know. We really enjoyed Saeed's other flick. My wife laughed so hard as poor Walter couldn't figure out why that Blaser just wouldn't shoot...

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Ok,

Current list is:

Jarrett (in the valley)
Charles (in Anchorage)
and Roger (from Bethel, slumming in Squarebanks)

As I recall, Don said he was sending two tapes, so, how about Jarrett gets one tape, to be forwarded to Roger, and Charles gets the around town tape?

I know there are a few more folks out there, but if no responses soon, I'll have Roger send the traveling tape to Brian in Sitka, where it can make the rounds of South East.

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
They're heeere!

Ok, if no objection from Jarret, I'll give a tape to Charles, who will be responsible for getting it to Jarret, then on to Roger. I'll drop you guys an e-mail and see if we can sort this out.

one of us
Picture of Finley
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Thats sounds good to me. I guess my email isn't listed on my profile. My address is
finley375@yahoo.com just in case you need it.
Thanks.

Posts: 223 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Hi fellow Alaskans,

I actually went ahead, and ordered a tape from Don G. It should arrive any day now.

So there is no need to send it my way. If for any reason somebody around here needs to see it, I'll gladly loan out my copy too.

Thanks all, especially Saeed and Don!

------------------
Brian
The 416 Taylor WebPage!

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Jarrett,

You got's mail!

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd kick this to the top one last time.

I'm actually going to be sending out the tape to Finley, which will then be forwarded to Roger R, then it can go to someone else, or, back to the anchortown area.

I have another copy to make the rounds of anchortown, and should have it back the week after next.

I know there are more Alaskans on this list then have responded. I also think that those who haven't seen one of Saeed's tapes will be pleased.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo, Pauly! (my Rocky impression)

Can you hook this Eskimo up, too?
suluuq_the_eskimo@yahoo.com ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Paul H,

I know a few people here in Southeast Alaska and including myself would love to see one of Saeed's tapes. Put me on the list for Southeast Alaska. Thanks!!!!!

Chris

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please put me on the list. Anchorage area.

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Suluuq,

Drop Roger R an e-mail to hook up with him to get you the tape. BTW, how has the ivory carving been going?

CK,

Drop Suluuq an e-mail so he can get you the tape when he's done. I also have the other tapes, and I think a duplicate copy of Zim 2000, so will see about sending it your way, drop me an e-mail

efryman, I have a second copy of Zim 2001 for Anchorageites, I think you're third in line for it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul... thanks, I'll send an e-mail to Roger.
What tapes can I expect to see? Just one? Several?
The carving is very good, kept me very busy just before Christmas. I took leisure time between the 25th and 1st, and getting back into it again. ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Suluuq,

Glad to hear the carving is going well, how is the website going?

I'm just sending the latest tape around Zim 2001. I have all the other tapes, and can send them in the future, but it looks like they'll be making another round about Anchorage. I still haven't seen them all! Something about 3 little kids keeping me busy. Last night I finally cut down the stock on the kids 22 rifle so it fits them.

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I finally got one copy of Zim 2001 off, I appologize for the delay. I also finally unwrapped the other copy, and watched the beginning of the tape late last night. Looks good so far.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul... I was told the web site was done, at least my page, and a few others.
www.northwestarcticborough.org/arcticraft/donferguson/index.htm

~~~Suluuq

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd kick this one back up. The traveling tape has made its way from Finley to Roger, and on to Saluuq.

I have the Anchorage tape in my truck, so need to get with Charles, so it can make its round about town.

Anyone else interested, just add yourself to the list!

I have all the other tapes, and should start them around the state again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
Suluuq,

Drop Roger R an e-mail to hook up with him to get you the tape. BTW, how has the ivory carving been going?

CK,

Drop Suluuq an e-mail so he can get you the tape when he's done. I also have the other tapes, and I think a duplicate copy of Zim 2000, so will see about sending it your way, drop me an e-mail

efryman, I have a second copy of Zim 2001 for Anchorageites, I think you're third in line for it.

CK... I have viewed the 2001 Zim video. Send me an e-mail with your address, and I'll shoot it off to you. ~~~Suluuq

suluuq_the_eskimo@yahoo.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
If the tapes are still floating around anchorage, I would like to take a peek at them.

Posts: 204 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 December 2000Reply With Quote