New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania Outfitter Advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking at booking a 21 day Leopard, Lion and Buffalo Safari in Tanzania. With all the changes in concession ownership, choosing an outfitter has become a bit of a challenge. Can anyone recommend an outfitter and area that offers the above and good quality plains game? Looking at 2013.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I just sent you a p.m. with some of the stuff I've learned on my safaris (of which four were in Tanzania). I hope you find it worth your consideration.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
I have hunted in Selous twice and took lion , but for lion this is not better place in Tanzania. Rungwa and Kizigo are more better for lion hunt and have more better than Selous trophies buffalo as well.

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
"ABC" www.africanbushcompany.com Selous

Jonathan Taylor is a true gentleman and runs an outstanding operation.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris (TGTS) Danny McCallum Safaris, Luke Samaras, or Robin Hurt Safaris. I am confident any of these outfits would fulfill your expectations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did Africa Bush Co. get a concession for 2013 onwards?

It looks like U1 and U2 went elsewhere...

Posts: 552 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I bet I know who Saeed would recommend. Alan Vincent has his own Selous concession, and from the looks of Saeed's last safari, it is a very good area.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Some of the prime Zim and Zam areas offer you the best success rates on those species. However our concessions are up for tender this year and areas will change hands.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
....... Alan Vincent has his own Selous concession .......

Which one and in what name does he market under?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I photopgraphed Alan's broshure.

Tanganyika Game (FP) Ltd.
P.O.Box 10959
Arusha
Tanzania

Phones
TZN (+255) 753 924 069
INT (+971) 505 584 755
USA ( 432) 563 0938

info@tanganyikagame.com
alan@tanganyikagame.com

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
we custom arrange hunts to most areas in Tanzania , and have found the west to be the best for Lion and Leopard and mix bag of plains game. I can be reached on email saf.bots@info.bw or gpsafaris@yahoo.com

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
we custom arrange hunts to most areas in Tanzania , and have found the west to be the best for Lion and Leopard and mix bag of plains game. I can be reached on email saf.bots@info.bw or gpsafaris@yahoo.com

Surely your "West" includes the Rungwa/Kizigo areas of central Tz? Not to mention the Northern concessions of Maswa and some Maasailand?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have been in many areas in Tanzania and last year was on safaris in Kizigo, Rungwa and Lukwati. In Kizigo 2 huge lions were shot as well as great buff and plains game including sable, roan and eland, in all between two hunters over 30 animals were taken.
On another safari with Danny McCallum we hunted Lukwati North and had a fantastic time, 6 big buff, huge leopard, 2 sable, big roan, hartebeest, reedbuck, hyenas etc etc were taken. Camp was great, PH Mike Fell was incredible, i highly recommend hunting this area with him.
The laws in Tanzania state that a lion must at least 6 years old to be taken, so in Lukwati we turned down 3 that were borderline, in two years they will be monsters. If you want more info or photos send me a PM.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,

I'm PH in Tanzania, I'm working for Mister Pasanisi. We do safari in Selous and in Massai Land since 42 years olds (not my, Mr Pasanisi). We have some very big and very good block there.
If you want I can send you somme picture and 1 brochure?

Best reg&rds,

Arnaud

Arnaud Mermet PH Tanzania and CAR
www.amsafarichasse.com

Posts: 33 | Location: France/Tanzania/CAR | Registered: 17 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pierre van Tonder in the Selous

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote