New
Find
Notify
Tools

only a few more hours
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After much creative routing to use FF miles on United and Delta, my wife and I are heading back to Namibia Monday. We are hunting with Dirk and Rita Rohrmann at their new operation; Omalanga Safaris.

This will be my wife's first time hunting and she is looking to take a bigger Kudu and Oryx than I took last time! Nothing like a little friendly competition. This will be my first try at Dangerous Game, a nice Leopard. We will also be spending a few days in Etosha National Park.

All our stuff is laid out and ready to be packed. We have been shooting a few times a week and should be ready on Monday.

I'd also like to Thank everyone here on AR. The information I have received and things I've learned here have made my African Hunting possible!

See you in a few weeks!

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm heading out the door in about 15 minutes-supposed to arrive at WDH Monday morning. I'm hunting with Kowas Adventure Safaris. I hunted there in 06. My wife and I loved the place.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck, and have fun to both of you! I leave in 12 days for my first safari, in RSA. Will be hunting with cruiser safaris, in the limpopo.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
The best of hunting to you. 'Look forward to your reports.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Have a great time, Atticus. Best of luck to the both of you!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you and your wife on your Safari. I do hope that she shoots a couple of animals bigger than yours! By the way, from the looks of things and the posts, we're sure going to have a lot of hunting reports to read and pictures to see!! thumb

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Hope you all have a great time in Africa!

I'm leaving monday morning to spend 45 days with Charl and Frederik from Infinito Safaris, most of the time we will have Swedish groups in camp.

Myself I will focus on bowhunting and brought a different gun that I think I can have some fun with a combination of 7x57R and 20 gauge,brand Merkel.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote