New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wire Transfer - How long?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just sent my deposit for a SA hunt via wire transfer yesterday. How long does it usually take to go through to their bank? 10 days of fun in the sun!!! wooooohooooooooo

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Quickest I have had it was 24 hours, slowest 3 days.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed, I'll check with them in a few days.

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I have had wire transfers take 10 days before an account is credited. If you make the order on a Friday it won't really go out until Monday. If your bank doesn't have a correspondant bank in the country they will go through an intermediary bank. If there is a national holiday in one of the three countries involved, etc., etc. Besides, electricity is slower in Africa.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Wink,

Not only is the speed of electricity slower in Africa. The followingis an incomplete list of things that are also slower in Africa.

Thought - particularly Government Officials.
Time - when you wait for the final connection flight.
Radio signals - particularly those from Zimbabwe, and maybe other countries too.
Postal service - this is getting slower than a runner with a forked stick and letter. Particularly since some athletes have gone professional.
Many other things - I don't want to hijack the thread.

Bank transfer typically 3 days on average.

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
We do not want to fall in the trap of saying that everything, including the speed of light, is slower in Africa. Some things go faster. Such as:

- Speed of rumours
- Speed of news of who you are sleeping with
- Infectious diseases
- Distribution of AK47's and RPG's
- Stripping of vehicles for parts
- Sunrise and sunset

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My average is about 2 days, it won't be quicker than 24hrs, slowest I ever had was 3 days aswell, its quit good.

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Just FYI ... as a small side issue

Although the charges are not high by modern day standards for a service, it is worth noting the differences in costs when transfering money internationally ...

ALL (initiating banks) where you make the transaction will charge you a basic transfer fee, this can vary between $25 and $45.

Then at the receiving end Bank the person you are sending the money to will also generally have a (deduction levy or exchange rate fee) before the money is formally entered into their account. This can be in the $15 - $25 dollar range

THEN some (initiating banks) dependant upon their transfer route, will also go through one or even two (intermediary other banks) to effect the final transfer to the receiving Bank, with these intermediary bank charges often reflected at the final destination bank whom will deduct that cost from the final amount placed into the destination Bank Account. Some initiating banks build these intermediary charges into their initial charge when you make a transfer, SOME DONT ....

Just be aware that the Banks are in business (like all commercial operations) to make money for this service, we dont begrudge them for that, just shop around for a reasonable tranfer charge fee as we would do in any commercial business

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I just did one with Life Form Taxidermy. Took a couple of days was all.

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
It all depends on tha bank used in the end. What also happens is that the person receiving the transfer has the option for I think 14 working days to leave the money and then only getting it paid for a better exchange rate.

The quickets I have recieved money from overseas was 2 working days and the slowest 7 working days.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
Same as Safari-hunt, 3 to 7 days,

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote