Find
Notify
Tools

Tired of...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted
On my way to work this morning I slid through a drive-thru hoping to get a quick breakfast to go. Well it wasn’t quick, but I got it. I got it along with a great deal of aggravation at the retard working the window and the complete lack of civility or enthusiasm I received being a patron of the business. And I have been steaming ever since. What the hell has happened to Customer Service in this country?
Now you may be wondering what this has to do with African Hunting, probably nothing, except this.
For Christmas I received a Texas Hunt Co PH Utility Belt from my brother. It was a size big and I needed to have it switched. Well I have been fumbling around with it for like three weeks now after calling the company and finding out what the exchange policy was, etc, etc, etc. I talked to the sweetest little ol’ Texas gal you ever did want to talk to and she was absolutely nothing but pleasant and helpful. I was actually glad I got to talk to her, because I was having a particularly bad day and after five minutes on the phone with her, I was feeling pretty good…yadda, yadda, yadda.
I still haven’t sent the original belt back, but when I sat down at my desk this morning, guess what? I had a box waiting for me from Monahans, Texas. And inside said box was my new (perfectly sized) PH Utility Belt from Texas Hunt Co. They sent me the right one before I have even thought of sending them the original back. Now that is service! I gotta go to the post office at lunch today and ship the other one back ASAP!
I know who will be getting all of my business the next time I need to gear up for a trip to Africa. On top of excellent, high-quality products, they also have the absolute best customer service I have ever seen.
So the point of this is:
If you are gearing up for a trip to Africa, go check out www.texashuntco.com
I bet you can’t beat their products and will set store by their customer service. They sure did me right.
Brian
P.S. Mod's, I know it is a bit off topic, but they do design and supply especially for safari needs...

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
jeff wemmer is a very very fine guy , he puts huge value on quality both of goods and service ...

Wink

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I have been fortunate enough to been able to take stuff from Texas Hunt Co. to Africa for the last few years... actually before the company went into public distribution. I have yet to bring any product back because the PH's have drooled sufficiently that I gave it to them (with the company's blessing)... after all, hunting is pleasure to me and sometime life-threatening to them.)

The gear is well thought out, practical, reasonabily priced and much of the learning curve was when similar products were used by our service men and women in combat.

And I agree about Jeff. He is 110% wide open all of the time. Craig Bottington told me that Jeff is up ready to go hunting at 3:00 a.m. every morning and wears him out with his enthusiasm. I think we need to nickname him "Bunny" for the EverReady one... except Jeff is big enough to kick my ass all over Texas. "Bunny" Wemmer... it does kind of have a ring to it, though! animal

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I volunteer to work Security for the DSC Show every year. This year, when I arrived for my first shift, I found that Jeff had put four boxes(four sizes) of his belts in the Office. He had donated them for each volunteer (over 500 people) to have one. That, was a most generous and classy thing to do. I will certainly buy more of his products.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Emerson

Posts: 106 | Location: Rockwall, Texas | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
You guys have convinced me. I'll check out their products in Reno and let them know of their growing reputation for excellent customer service.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff is a friend and a good guy...I have sent him on a hunt and he was easy to please and he is a very good shot, knoweldgable gun nut, and a sportsman par excellence...If Jeff told me the sun wasn't coming up tomorrow, I'd go buy a lantern..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
OK. Original belt is in the wind and headed back to Texas. If Jeff is half the guy everyone here says he is, then he is a damn fine fellow indeed - and I have seen nothing to the contrary. So my best to Jeff and the Texas Hunt Co - I hope they are both here to stay for a long, long time.
Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very prompt and curteous. I love the products and the service. Jeff's Purdey dbl. rifle sure looked good on the episode of Tracks Across Africa.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Jeff's company makes dang good products, and to top of all that he's a guy guy! Proud to know him!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a winning combo...good products, great service, knowledgeable owner and those sweet TEXAS gals. Life is good. Big Grin

Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 849 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Many of us have our own Jeff Wemmer story.

Last year as the date of my hunt slipped up on me I decided that I wanted to take some of the Texas Hunt Co. cartridge holders that slide on your belt with me. Jeff and I had had prior business dealings and so I emailed Jeff asking if I ordered a couple of the cartridge holders could he make sure that they shipped in time for the trip. Well not only did my package show up on time but it was like opening a gift box. In addition to the cartridge holders there was a belt, a couple of hats, and several other items that Jeff knew I could use too. People like that are a rare breed these days.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote