Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting with spears
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
I am sure you will find this video to be quite impressive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GvVNLJijRg

Actually I do not agree in the way it was edited... some things definitively should not be mixed up in it - but by doing so, an undue and forced comparison among the noble sport of hunting, unnecessary brutality, necessity to obtain meat however it might take (and with great courage, concerning buffalo / elephant!), tribal fights that finish in genocide, etc is presented... but in fact we all have to deal with these missunderstandings the antis always use against us, so it isn´t my intention to point none of them in this post ...

But it is a fact that all mentioned acts take place in that wonderful continent we like that much, which wakes up our most atavic memory and cosequently instincts: Africa...

So forget all the anti´s propaganda (or way to show and/or force any connection between the mentioned acts), and see how our ancestors could have hunted before firearms appear

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Somehow I went from spear hunting to towellhead rapping, check it out. Youtoob (turgut ragga sex+)

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing with us ,in the same page you can see our wonderful DOGOS in action.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Thank you for sharing with us ,in the same page you can see our wonderful DOGOS in action.Juan

Yeop... indeed I found this video looking for knife and spear hunting (of course with DOGOS) ... we will soon make our owns videos, Juan !!

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unit5A
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I don't know much about hunting with spears or seen it done before really, and all the other stuff aside in the video; I somehow had it in my mind it would be better organized and/or accomplished.
By the way, are atlatl's (throwers) ever used in spear hunting there?

"Hunt smart, know your target and beyond"

Posts: 394 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote