Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Mark Sullivan Videos
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted
RIP: have you hunted with Mark Sullivan or even spoken with him? Your remarks were totally uncalled for. To use your parody of the Monty Python song, we're all men, men, men behind the safety of the internet. jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge and Allen,
Of course my comments about MS are stupid and uncalled for, but no more so than Allen's defense of MS as a PH or a sportsman of any kind. No, I have not met MS, nor will I be hunting with him, obviously.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
You know it wasn't even remotely funny... just mean. An apology is in order.

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Where have I read this before?

1. Rookie (or troll) amazed at MS video(s).
2. Several bad-mouth MS videos.
3. Allen to the rescue.
4. Some relent on the bad-mouthing.
5. More bad-mouthing.
6. Allen tries again.
7. More bad-mouthing:

MS invokes charges and bad feelings. MS may be getting rich but it is pure bullshit, regardless of how anyone tries to spin it.

'nuff said. Let it die...

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
I have had email from others who said they had a laugh over it. You are sounding kind of prissy. That is all I have to say about your command. Now I must go. AMFYOYO.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I suggest everyone takes whatever one sees on the Internet with a large dose of salt.

I have nothing but the highest regard for our friend Allen, especially the way he stands up and defends someone he personally knows and have hunted with.

Obviously MS did not try one of his silly "charging buffalo" tricks with Allen - which I understand he sells for $50,000 - and the beauty of it he ends up shooting the buffalo himself.

However, I KNOW what MS does goes totally against my idea of being a sport hunter, or any hunter's ethics. No matter how he tries to cover it up.

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
RIP, I'm not going to take chickenshit comments from you. Not now, and not ever. Mostly what you're doing is running your mouth from behind the safety of a computer screen. Very courageous. Very impressive. You don't even have enough gumption to hand out you perverted insults under you're real name.

All I can say is, I can't stand some self-righteous bag of wind, and I surely won't be insulted by one.

AD

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Quote:

RIP: Let me know when you plan to do this please, I'd really like to be there. jorge

jorge,

Would you mind making a video of it? I'm sure it would be one Mark Sullivan video everyone would be interested in seeing.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge,
You forgot to mention that Ghandi had bad teeth. However, he did make a few interesting statements in his time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nickudu,
Flipping like Kerry, whichever way the wind blows, eh? A bit of philosophy and ethics should always have a seat at the hunters' campfire, otherwise you might as well just be toasting marshallows as you gossip over the backyard fence with the rest of the internet little old ladies. BTW, thanks for the private email slap on the back about my "queer" comment that "slayed" you.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
He didn't bathe either. I can't think of too many others that rate as low as he does in my esteem. I'll still take Sullivan. jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen,
If I ever get a chance, I'll look you and MS up, at the MS booth, eh? I take back the "queer" comment. I now see it more as a pimp and whore association. MS is the whore, of course. You ought to autograph the books and tapes that you appear in, as they are sold at the MS booth.

I would also like to ask MS why he got run out of Canada.

Your undying defense of MS must be related to self aggrandizement, given your multi-media appearances with MS, or hating to think yourself tainted in any way by association with MS.

MS is an abomination to the sport, and any jerk with a double rifle could do what MS does, if he would allow himself to be prostituted in that way.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
RIP: Let me know when you plan to do this please, I'd really like to be there. jorge

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I take back the "queer" comment. I now see it more as a pimp and whore association. MS is the whore, of course

RIP you are way out of line !

Quote:

and any jerk with a double rifle could do what MS does

I think not ! Most people would not have the coolness that it takes to HOLD FAST.

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
RIP - Long before this latest thread, I'm on the record as contending that I admire MS for many reasons. Within this thread, I was referring solely to his philosophy in regard to the taking of buffalo that I'd avoid at the campfire. Your violation of "private email" speaks volumes. Low, indeed.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
FWIW: The sum total of my supposedly "private email" to RIP was four words: "You still kill me!" and was more in line saying Hi after a long stint of non-comms than a negative towards anyone. - Nick

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey RIP,

Did you get any Pheasant hunting set up for next month?

Please all forgive me for coming late to this discussion, but are these films of deliberately provoked charges? If so, that is kind of a gratuitous activity, I think.

It is also a self limited activity. Any time you make a career out of making large animal do tricks, you are going to get hurt eventually. I take care of a lot of very competent old horse trainers, ranchers, and plain old cowboys that can attest to that.

When I was younger I used to do a lot of silly things just to get that dollop of adrenaline in my blood and to gain some notoriety with my peers. Now I know that life thrusts enough danger in my path without me needing to try and set up situations to manufacture it. I still do stupid things from time to time, but not on purpose, and certainly not in front of a camera if I can help it.

All of this is academic. If Mr. Sullivan does deliberately provoke charges, eventually he or a client will get hurt, and then it won't seem like such a good idea.

I have never shot a Cape Buffalo, but I have endured surgeries and long, painful physical rehab from tempting fate. If the fear of prison is the first step toward wisdom, two years of rehab is certainly the second.

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hell, Allen, I enjoyed MS's book and three of his videos, but after that I felt dirty and repented. I guess love is blind and you are queer for MS. Nothing else makes sense. ENOUGH!!!

<allen day>
posted
That was a very stupid comment, and completely uncalled for.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
To all that have had a chuckle over my latest zinger, I was aiming to amuse, and I thank you.

But, it is no more stupid nor uncalled for than Allen's indefatigable defense of MS.

Still, it does make one wonder about what goes on in a safari camp where "Men would be Men."

Now the chorus from Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song" ...

<allen day>
posted
Pete, I have all of the videos, and I've watched all of them.

I don't believe in provoked charges, and I won't be a party to them. There's a big enough chance for mishap without asking for it. The death of my friend Bob Fontana this year, who was not even hunting buffalo at the time, is proof enough of that.

I only hunt one way, and that's straight-up. I believe in carefully-placed shots, quick kills, and safe finishes. Nothing else......

AD