New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remembering George Hoffman
 Login/Join

posted
George Hoffman

Send data for new "AR" Remembrance files to Nickudu via “PM”.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A cameo appearance by the legendary Nickudu!!!!!!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Good post Nick, good to see you here again mate.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George and Mary were the best, They were my best friends. We had a hunt booked for Tanzana with Pierre van Tonder, thanks to the goodness of Saeed. It was to be Georges last hunt, he prepared all year for that last hunt, and it lifted his spirits and kept him busy, but George didn't make it, at the last minute he got bed ridden and couldn't walk and passed away shortly thereafter of prostate cancer.. We toasted the largest buffalo I have ever shot to George on that hunt, it was a great hunt with lots of emotion..he has been sorely missed.

I will always be grateful to Saeed for his generousity and kindness to George for without Saeeds invitation that hunt would have never come to pass..

He was a true gentleman, and at my age, perhaps I will be hunting with George again wherever the good Lord hides his hunters! I wouldn't be surprised to see a few others like Mims Reed poking around in my gun bag for goodies..

Just some nostalgia for a good guy.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George was a great guy and a good friend. Men like him don't come this way often. I'll toast him with a bit of the dew of Scotland.

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Good to see you back paying tribute to one of the greats Nick! The AR forums were a fascinating place for me back then!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Good post Nick, good to see you here again mate.

X2.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see that Mr.Hoffman saw the practicality & sense of synthetic stocked BG rifles.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
NICE TO SEE YOUR POSTS AGAIN NICK tu2

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I met George in Nagles gun shop in San Antonio in 1999, very nice man.

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We used to talk for quite some time on the phone with George.

I was looking forward top hunting with him, sadly, that never happened.

One of the true old school gentlemen.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George could drink an Orange Fanta soda pop in the blink of an eye. Loved them almost as much as he liked eating...well...almost.
I had the pleasure of his company for many Thanksgiving weeks as we hunted deer at my Chimney Hill ranch SW of San Angelo, TX.
He was my first PH and I killed my first buffalo with a Remington 700 416 Hoffman at 161 of his steps while hiding behind a grass A framed shooting hide he wanted to try out. We hunted for 21 days in TZ and had a great time.
We said our goodbyes in person at his house in Sonora 3 days before he passed.
I still miss him when I am at the ranch and esp. during Thanksgiving week.
Geo., Mary and the girls are/where made of the good stuff for sure.
It is nice of you to remember him.
Better tomorrows!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote