THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Thoughts and Prayers for S. and SE Asia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for S. and SE Asia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
This is a sad state when we argue and say things that we did not think over..
For my part I sent a donation of $100 to the American Red Cross to help with disaster relief...

Mike Podwika
Mayor Wyoming, Pa.

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerald:

I was in Indonesia and Malaysia in August. I felt perfectly safe, the people were friendly, and the women a lot less fatter than the ones here.

The only time I felt an inkling of cultural mismatch was when I and some clients went to the Petronas Towers shopping mall in shorts - in Muslim countries, wearing shorts is not done. But we did it and tolerated the few smirks. No one shot us or cut our heads off.

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

and in the real South America

I take it that this is different from an imaginary South America you may have visited?

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Mehul

The USA government has given $45 mil aid.

The Australian government has given $35 mil aid and probably will increase.

But then again it is our region. Most of the Australian aid is going to Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Friends,

There is no need for anyone to apologise for anything. Even as I type this the US and Indian Air Forces are jointly at work in Sri Lanka in rescue operations and the sheer outpouring of aid and support from the whole world has been wonderful. In the US in particular, it is not just the government that has supported the region, independent organisations like the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army and also companies like Oracle Corp have come forward to help those who have been affected. Nothing illustrates the Christmas Spirit better to me as an Indian and a Christian.

Thank you everyone and God Bless.

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nitrox:

I have been wondering the same thing about Burma (Myanmar)(sp.) My late father was in Burma during WWII, it had a special place in his heart. With all that has been going on in Burma, I wonder if we simply aren't getting information from the government there.

BTW, tsunami warning systems are not real expensive, it is a real mature and not complicated technology - it had been proposed by both international groups and those who are lead in the Pacific group, Japan and the US. It had not been implemented before as tsunami's simply don't happen that frequently in the Indian ocean basin - maybe once every 150 years?

Anyway, it was amazing to watch the newspeople on TV talking about who was to blame - right now who cares???? We need to help - I am a professional in water and wastewater - I already have offered my meager services to professional associations, not much chance of me going, but if was offered a chance to really help, I'd go in a heartbeat.

Gerald, my brother was in one of the buildings affected on 9-11, so I had a real personal interest in the affects. I don't trust polls taken in any country much less the US, if you take to populations of India, Sri- Lanka,Thailand, Myanmar, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the various African countries there probably are more real practicing Christians there than there are in the US.

Also, Gerald, as an American and someone who hopes to follow Christ - well, never mind.

To those of you who are not US citizens, I am not not a person who apologies for the actions of others - but as a US citizen - my apologies for Gerald's words.

Chuck Adams

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why does it bother you so much? There are an awful lot of gooks in this world and 9000 fewer doesn't relieve the problem.

The people in Indonesia, Sri Lanka (when white men imposed civilized rule, it was called Ceylon) and India danced in the streets at news of 9/11. THEY HATE YOU! Can you get that through your pointed little liberal head?

I should contribute money for these enemies of the United States? Get lost!

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Why does it bother you so much? There are an awful lot of gooks in this world and 9000 fewer doesn't relieve the problem.

The people in Indonesia, Sri Lanka (when white men imposed civilized rule, it was called Ceylon) and India danced in the streets at news of 9/11. THEY HATE YOU! Can you get that through your pointed little liberal head?

I too am bitter over 9-11.....still.....but I'll never understand where this kind of hatred comes from. It sure as hell didn't come from a man that died on a cross.

If you must post your hatred, I'd respectfully ask that you find another forum.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Most of those killed were poor fishermen and children. I used to worship at the Church of St Michael in Adyar, a small church near the seashore and there was a large settlement of poor fishermen just a mile away. Many of them were members at this church but I have not been able to find out whether anyone I know was hurt or died. That said with more than 400 people killed in Chennai alone, I am certain that more than a few would have perished.

Thanks for your prayers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I must presume that not only are you a thoroughbred idiot you don't know geography from your arse.

India was the FIRST country to offer the use of it's military bases after 9/11 to the USA. A little before 9/11, we nearly killed off the Taliban at Kargil until your president at the time, Bill Clinton, stopped us.

No one needs your money - and seeing how pathetically challenged you are in the brains department, neither are your prayers needed.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
When 9/11 happened I, like most of the world was horrified, and my thoughts and prayers went out to all the victims and their families, no matter what their cultural background was........My thoughts and prayers also go out equally to the victims and families of this most recent disaster.

I believe that all right minded people should feel this way for the victims and families of any disaster be it natural or man made, accidental or deliberate. Those same sentiments should apply to and from all people whether they be black, white, pink or purple and no matter what their creed.

To do otherwise would make us no better than the evil bastards who created and supported 9/11.

Surely these sentiments should apply even more strongly at this particular time of year.