New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phillip Smythe Fundraising Update
 Login/Join

posted
Dear AR members,

We wanted to provide you with an update on the DSC Frontline Foundation support for the family of Phillip Smythe.

First, on December 29, the DSC Frontline Foundation provided an initial grant of $20,000 through Phillip’s sister who resides in the UK.

About this time AR member Larry Shores stepped forward and began to put together a series of raffles with the proceeds dedicated to the Smythe family. Larry was also kind enough to share information with the AR family details on how to make a directed donation to the Smythe family through the DSC Frontline Foundation. I am pleased to report that as a result of your kindness, $29,745 has been raised from 77 individuals from the AR community. It is very heartwarming to see the generous outpouring of support from the hunting community. This is the first time Frontline has received directed donations of such a magnitude.

As the DSC Frontline Foundation President, I have been in communication with Tracey Smythe, Phil’s sister, who is staying with Leah to help with arrangements for Phil’s funeral and helping her manage finances. A US bank account in Leah’s name is in the process of being set up. Account information will be forthcoming next week, at which time we will wire your kind donations into this account.

In addition to the above funds and Frontline’s initial grant of $20,000, there have been some GoFundMe accounts set up, one of which I know of has collected $8,211. Additionally, Larry Shores has organized a raffle for a DU limited-edition shotgun, a buffalo hunt in Botswana, and a hog hunt on his ranch in Florida. Details are available here on the Accurate Reloading site.

Thank you all for your thoughtfulness and generous support of the Smythe family.

John Patterson
DSC Frontline Foundation

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, let me be the among the first to welcome you to AR, I hope you will be a frequent visitor. I believe you will find that many AR members are very generous and have supported Frontline’s efforts in a big way since Frontline’s inception. Thanks for letting us know how and how much Frontline has helped the Smythe family, they deserve the help now and in the future.
To all AR members, John is one of the “good guys”, please welcome him aboard.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you John.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks John and welcome to AR.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Thanks John for the update. Good to get details and good to know the good work that has and is being done!

Cheers

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Welcome John

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done to everyone involved - such great generosity which will be hugely appreciated and needed by Leah and he little family.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great job everyone!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you John and welcome aboard.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Great work, John. Thanks.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has been one of my life's honors to serve as a DSC Frontline Foundation board member since it's inception. Never, in a lifetime dedicated entirely to the hunting industry, have I been involved with a more worthwhile mission than Frontline. Together, meaning EVERY person who financially supports the Frontline Mission, we have, are, and will continue to change,help,and support lives of those in need. I want to personally join John, and our entire board in expressing our deep gratitude to the AR Platform, and each of you who have supported Frontline, and thereby those the Foundation was created to assist. There has been damn little to celebrate the last few weeks, or even the last year, but the generosity of spirit we see on AR is a shining exception. Gentleman, Thank You All.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I want to thank all AR members who made a directed donation through the DSC Frontline Foundation for the benefit of Leah Smythe and her children. Thanks to your generosity, Frontline collected nearly $34,000, all of which was wired to the family earlier this week. Also, I want to thank Larry Shores for all the hard work he has put in by arranging raffles to raise money for the family. Truly a humanitarian effort by hunters supporting hunters. jcp

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible work by DSC Frontline Foundation. In an informal get together I was chatting with some mates about what DSC Frontline has done in our circle of friends- Style family, Gibson family and now the Smyth family! Truly amazing work and that's as I say just in our close group of friends. THANKYOU!!

A massive thanks to Larry as well for his amazing hard work and drive to help others in need time and time again - Larry I am privileged to call you a friend !

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep it up gentlemen. Thank you all for the big collective effort.

I'm new here but what this community just did is a big reason why I wanted to become a part of it.

Posts: 104 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With Quote