Notify
Tools

Mexican Lion
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
Mexican Lion - How clever is this?

This is the true story of a garage owner in the Southwest ( New Mexico ).

Reportedly, he was sick and tired of thugs breaking into his garage shop to steal tools, etc. So he came up with this idea. He put the word out that he had a new Mexican Lion that would attack anyone that would break in or climb his fence. Would-be thieves saw the "Lion" from a distance and fled the scene.

This might be a new step towards the direction of a "poor man's lion hunt". Big Grin

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I wonder what the buckets of stuff are for in the background (MEXLUB)?
Deep Frying or just greasin them up?

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I'm no expert, but I doubt that's a legitimate hunt. Most lions don't have that type of scooters in their native habitat and it looks like there are cage bars in the background. But he does have a black nose and a terrific mane.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is hilarious!

Hmmmmmmm? I wonder how Idaho Sharpshooter will be able to turn this post into something about him? (I guess I just opened the door for him -- and hijacked this thread in one fell swoop).

Posts: 184 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Marcel and the lion" (a Jerry Clower story for those not from the southern US) springs to mind.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tracker49:
Hmmm, I wonder what the buckets of stuff are for in the background (MEXLUB)?
Deep Frying or just greasin them up?

Makes it easier for them to slide under the fence!!

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My scope would probably be off again leading Greeff to say, again, "Next time Tom, just kill the fugging Lion".

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Degoins,

I am from the south, My father new Jerry when he was a fertilizer salesman, long before he became famous, but I do not remember that story.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This tale has been out there for quite awhile. I've seen it pass through my inbox a few times.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
vi,

actually, my booking agent here tracked this guy down. We leave in two days on the hunt.

Thanks for thinking of me. Have you been bored lately with out me to entertain you?

Funny Story and a great picture.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:
"Marcel and the lion" (a Jerry Clower story for those not from the southern US) springs to mind.

HAHA!! Newgene and the Lion!!

".....Newgene I've told you about lyin'.....now go upstairs and pray....and when you believe the lord has sufficiently forgiven you....then come back down and I'll whip you"

[30 minutes later]

Uncle Versey: "did you speak to the lord Newgene?"

Newgene: "Yessir I did.....the lord told me the first time he saw that dog.....he though it was a Lion too!!"

jumping

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote